Yesterday my husband and I were at Target (our favorite store, which happens to be right behind our house, and may be part of the reason that we moved there, LOL!) shopping for some maternity jeans for me. I never knew how expensive those things are! Geez!
While we were there, we decided to go take a look at some baby items. My husband wants to keep a Pack & Play in our room at least for the first few weeks/months, so we can nap when the baby naps, and have a mini changing station available. My husband wants the Eddie Bower Pack & Play, which looks boyish to me, so I convinced him to look around at a few different brands. And then my husband saw it.... The Eddie Bower super-deluxe-run-someone-off-the-road stroller, that matched the Pack & Play. That thing was HUGE, and he loved it. Especially since it looked "manly" to him. I, however, had my doubts. So we're looking at this stroller that comes with an infant carrier, and we couldn't figure out how to snap the carrier into the stroller. We soon figured out that the base was still attached to the car seat. My husband takes the car seat off the display stroller, and starts yanking on it trying to free it from the base. We're both trying to find the directions, flipping it over, yanking on it some more, pushing buttons, etc. We couldn't figure it out!! I swear we were doing that for like 20 minutes, when finally my husband found the right button and out pops the car seat from the base! Hooray!! He's standing there smiling, his forehead glistening with sweat, while I'm standing there smiling with my hair all over my head from being bent over so long. And I had thrown my sweater and purse on the ground in an attempt to help him out! So we had things everywhere, and looked a mess. It was too funny! First time parents for sure!
I think I've convinced him not to get the Eddie Bower strollers because the car seat was super heavy. I was struggling to hold it and there wasn't even a baby in there. No way could I carry that, and a diaper bag with a coat on (Bunny is due in December so I try to think about how much heavier things will be when we're both bundled up).
2 comments:
THAT IS GREAT!! I used to work at Targ.et and when I would see people struggling, I'd always go offer to help them. Usually they say yes, because they're tired of messing around with it!! Glad you possibly found a pack n' play that might work!
It's awesome that your husband is excited about getting baby item (albeit super manly, lol). I was in Baby's R Us the other day shopping for a baby shower gift and saw a couple doing the same thing. Enjoy your new pants.
Post a Comment