Yesterday it seemed like all the forces were against my husband and I as we were trying to make it to our ultrasound appointment yesterday. I got off work late, it was POURING down rain to the point that we couldn't see the lines on the road, and I forgot all the paperwork and money at home.
The facility was so nice, there were couches everywhere and in the actual ultrasound room there was a flat screen TV and a projector screen so you could see everything. It was great! The tech starts probing around, and she says, "I can't get a great shot, but I'm pretty sure I know what you're having." In my mind, I'm thinking 'BOY!', then she says, "A GIRL!!!!!" I think my jaw hit the floor. Literally. You could've knocked me over with a feather.
I didn't say anything because I was in total and complete shock. So she starts taking pictures and showing us her little hands and feet, and then we got it. The money shot, and it was so easy to see that she was all girl.
We received a few photos and a DVD from that appointment. The money shot picture didn't get printed because she ran out of paper! I was so sad about that. But she did throw in a ton of 4D pictures (not printed but on the CD), so that was nice of her. I could tell that she felt bad about it.
As soon as we got in the car, we called EVERYONE! My mother in law started crying, she wanted a granddaughter so badly! I'm glad I'm going to be able to give her one. We're probably going to do one more 4d ultrasound before Little Miss Priss arrives. Just for more pictures and memories.
She is measuring right on track, and ahead in a few areas. Also, the placenta is at the back of my uterus (posterior), which is why I probably feel so much movement. Oh, and there is NO PLACENTA PREVIA!! YAY!!!!!!!!! The placenta was nice and high. I'm beyond excited, and just want her to keep growing and stay in there until December 20th at least!! Now I can start shopping!!!!!!
We finally arrived 5 minutes after our scheduled appointment time, which wasn't bad considering....
The facility was so nice, there were couches everywhere and in the actual ultrasound room there was a flat screen TV and a projector screen so you could see everything. It was great! The tech starts probing around, and she says, "I can't get a great shot, but I'm pretty sure I know what you're having." In my mind, I'm thinking 'BOY!', then she says, "A GIRL!!!!!" I think my jaw hit the floor. Literally. You could've knocked me over with a feather.
I didn't say anything because I was in total and complete shock. So she starts taking pictures and showing us her little hands and feet, and then we got it. The money shot, and it was so easy to see that she was all girl.
We received a few photos and a DVD from that appointment. The money shot picture didn't get printed because she ran out of paper! I was so sad about that. But she did throw in a ton of 4D pictures (not printed but on the CD), so that was nice of her. I could tell that she felt bad about it.
As soon as we got in the car, we called EVERYONE! My mother in law started crying, she wanted a granddaughter so badly! I'm glad I'm going to be able to give her one. We're probably going to do one more 4d ultrasound before Little Miss Priss arrives. Just for more pictures and memories.
I had another ultrasound appointment this morning. This one was my 18 week fetal survey. I didn't say anything to the tech about having found out the gender, just to see if she was on the same page. And she was! She noticed that we were having a girl right away. We got to see all of her parts from her kidneys, to her tongue. It was awesome! I'm so in love already, and nearly cry everything I think about her.
She is measuring right on track, and ahead in a few areas. Also, the placenta is at the back of my uterus (posterior), which is why I probably feel so much movement. Oh, and there is NO PLACENTA PREVIA!! YAY!!!!!!!!! The placenta was nice and high. I'm beyond excited, and just want her to keep growing and stay in there until December 20th at least!! Now I can start shopping!!!!!!
1 comment:
Yay!! So glad the placenta is nicely out if the way now. I can't wait to hear about all the goodies you pic up.
Post a Comment