I read in one of my pregnancy books that round ligament pain (RLP) is "slightly uncomfortable" and is common starting around 12 or 13 weeks. Well, they lied. I've been experiencing this pain since around 8 weeks, and it's not "slightly uncomfortable", it hurts!! It's been more noticeable lately, and seems to be more apparent at night. But it reminds me that there is a baby in my ute that is causing it to have to stretch and grow.
I should have kept that in mind when I tried to find Bunny's heart beat this morning. Usually I would find it around my bikini line, so, that was the first place I checked. It sounded really, really faint and made me nervous as heck. Then I couldn't find it anymore, so I'm searching all around going from one side to the other hands shaking because I can't hear that precious sound. I took a break for awhile, but it was really bothering me, so I decided to try again. Same thing, the heart beat sounded really faint. The monitor on the doppler wasn't even picking up the beats per minute. Finally, I went up a little bit higher and I could hear the heart beat a little bit more. I went higher, and there it was! There was the sound that still brings tears to my eyes, it was loud and clear. I was shocked that Bunny was so high up, sure I'd been having RLP, but for some reason it didn't actually register that my uterus was growing. I found Bunny's heart beat about an inch and a half above my bikini line. Amazing!! So of course I cried, and then I decided to reward myself with a popsicle. Yes, I ate a popsicle at 8:30 in the morning! LOL! I'm so addicted to them.
This doppler freak out was bound to happen. But I'm so glad that it was an easy solution....
1 comment:
Wow . . . that must have been so scary!! I'm glad everything worked out and things are progressing smoothly. You definitely deserved the Popsicle!
Post a Comment