Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Things that irritate me...

(DISCLAIMER: The following post was written out of frustration. Please proceed with caution..

Thanks,

Preggo)

I've decided to make a list of things that irritate me while I'm pregnant. It seems like now that pretty much the whole world knows that I'm expecting, they feel the need to share their two cents with me, and it's getting on my nerves!! This is not in any way directed to my blogger friends. I appreciate all of your comments and suggestions, this is only regarding the people that I come in contact with while out and about.

1. People saying, "Oh my GOD, are you okay???" When I tell them I'm nearly 4 months pregnant. Yes, I'm fine, my baby is fine, I know I'm not showing, but I will eventually. (I don't just go around shouting that I'm pregnant, this was the reaction of the sales lady from JC Penny when I asked her where the Maternity section was. She was trying to convince me not to buy maternity jeans yet, because my weight may fluctuate in the 1st Trimester and I may be able to wear my regular jeans for awhile. I'm in the 2nd Trimester.....)

2. People touching my stomach. Guess what? The baby still isn't fully out of my pelvic area, so in order for you to "touch the baby" you'd pretty much have to grab my crotch. And I'm pretty sure that I'd call the cops on you for groping me. So don't touch!

3. People telling me that I shouldn't diet or try to watch my weight while pregnant. I've never gained weight rapidly, so I'm actually not surprised that I'm not huge right now. If I actually SAID I was dieting then maybe they should tell me not too. But if I'm ordering a Hot & Ready with extra cheese, please don't tell me not to diet!!

4. People asking if I'm really as far along as I think I am. Hmm... let me ponder that.... No, I'm actually not as far along as I think I am. I'm farther! Bunny was actually measuring 3 days ahead at my last ultrasound. So there!

5. People asking me if my pregnancy was planned. Why do they feel that it concerns them? I don't feel that question should be asked regardless of what the situation is.

6. People telling me that I'm going to turn into a whale at the end of my pregnancy because I'm not really showing now. Gee, thanks! That's just what every woman wants to hear, regardless if she has a orange sized baby in her uterus or not. I've always adored Free Willy! It's nice knowing I'll look like his cousin, Willamina at the end of my pregnancy!

That's all I have for now...

3 comments:

Demetrius' mommy. said...

I know exactly what you mean I didn't start showing for the longest time and people would seriously ask if I wasn't eating.. People are so rude to pregnant woman and now that I have gained 50 pounds people want to say its not healthy? like how do you know what I'm eating is healthy or not its seriously just water weight..but people still want to act like I'm small when I tell them I'm due in 2 weeks.. Every pregnancy is different people act like they don't know that..

Christina said...

*sigh* I could have writen this exact post last year. people can be so, so very rude, and it's frustrating. Oh, and don't you dare say something back to them, they act like you just said the rudest thing in world. When are people going to understand that NOTHING involving your body is their business?!

Ms. Understood said...

When I hear these pregnancy stories, I am amazed. I scared in advance for the people who decide to same similarly obnoxious things to me when I'm pregnant. I had an attitude problem (lol) and I've been told on many occasions that my feelings are showing on my face. Combine those with pregnancy hormones = KABOOM!! I love that you are exhibiting such tact. You are a better one than me.