Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Follow up to yesterday's post

I just realized that I'm not that great at responding to people's comments. I'm going to try to work on that. My goal is to respond to every one's comments/questions, so if there is anything that you'd like to ask me, please feel free!

Oh, my husband felt Bunny move yesterday!! It was such a wonderful moment! We had just finished eating (we had KFC for dinner), and we were laying on the couch watching TV when I noticed that Bunny was particularly active, so I grabbed my husband's hand, placed in on my stomach and said, "Do you feel that?" To my surprise, he did! A few minutes later, I put his hand back on my stomach, and we both saw his hand move! The baby was flipping all around. It's still so early for movement, I'm so amazed that we have such an active baby and that I can feel it.

My husband also bought the baby carrier that I wanted! I was so surprised. It's by Chicco. And he picked a gender neutral color, what a great guy!

Samantha, feeling movement is SO awesome, I'm sure you'll start to feel it soon. It can easily be confused with (sorry if TMI) gas! I'm TOTALLY jealous that you got to find out the gender of your little one, I can't wait for that!!

Ms. Understood, my coworker is in her 50s. She is like my "work mom", I just adore her. We used to carpool together. (We were actually carpooling during my last pregnancy). I would talk to her about my family, and she'd tell me about hers. We grew really close. She was one of the first people that I told about this pregnancy. And her reaction still makes me smile. She yelled, "You're PREGNANT!!!" and gave me a huge hug. We were both standing at the copy machine the other day, and she turned to me and patted my belly. Then she hugged me, and whispered in my ear in the sweetest way, "You're showing!" As I pulled back from the hug, she had tears in her eyes as I told her that I was 17 weeks and that we get to find out the gender next week. She wants to throw my baby shower. How sweet is that?? It's funny how coworkers can turn into friends, and friends can turn into family. It's nice to have her around, especially when I'm missing my biological mother.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I think we have decided on Chicco too! I think our choice is Chicco Cortina KeyFit- Adventure. We went to the baby store and with both of us being tall the adjustable height on the handle is a must! I have also had several friends that swear by it and the color will work boy or girl so we're set for the next baby too! It's a bit more expensive than the others but hopefully worth the investment!

Ms. Understood said...

Awww. . . . I'm so happy that your husband got to feel the movement. Your work-mom's reaction was beautiful!! LOL. You are so right, when those surrogate mom's step in when your biological mom isn't there anymore, it is such a wonderful feeling. Can't wait to hear the gender. Still voting girl!!!