Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Another bump pic and why I'm scared of Buy Buy Baby...

Since no one lost their eyesight from the last pictures I posted, I decided to upload what I woke up to this morning. My belly seemed to pop slightly. This is before I ate breakfast also. My husband even noticed it, and for the longest time he would say that I still looked the same to him. I'm wearing the maternity jean capri pants that I got from JC Penny. They're kind of saggy on me, but oh so comfortable!!

Just an FYI.... There are a couple bare belly shots included in this post.....




15w3D




My coworkers even commented on my growing belly when I came in this morning. Everyone agrees that I'll probably really start showing at 20 weeks.
On to my story about the store Buy Buy Baby....
Hubby and I were bored yesterday when we got home from work, so we decided to go take a look at baby items. Neither of us had ever been to Buy Buy Baby before so we were both thinking it was like a "normal" store. Ummm... NO!! We were SO wrong. I wish someone could have taken a picture of our faces when we walked in. I'm sure my jaw was on the floor. It's like a Sam's Club or Costco for baby's. There were items stacked from floor to ceiling. TV's showing commercials, tons of displays, and too many colors. I actually felt intimidated. We didn't know where to start, especially since we weren't looking for anything in particular. So we started to walk around. I had no idea that they were 750,000 types of swaddle blankets. (Well, maybe that's a slight over exaggeration...) But seriously, there was so much in there!
Finally we went straight to the items that we knew for a fact that we would need. Pack & Plays and strollers. I'm glad we took a look because the stroller that I was for SURE that I'd want, was actually horrible. It was so heavy when it collapsed that I couldn't even pick it up. My husband even struggled with it.
Now I'm afraid that my kid is only going to have items from Target and Walmart because I'm too darn scared to go back to that place, LOL!! I guess I could always register online!
But it was a lesson learned, know what you want and what you need before you blindly go into a store.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Samantha said...

I just googled it to see if there were any near us- and there is one! I feel like I have to go now just to see what you're talking about!

Mrs. Green said...

Your belly is soooo cute! :) LOL. looks a lil like mine and im only 5 wks! LOL i am soooo bloated! LOL Did that happen to u at all in the first few weeks?

DINKEBP said...

Your mini bump is so cute! You're going to have a nice belly to pat!

Never been in a Buy Buy Baby so thanks for the warning! Ha! Babies R Us overwhelms me so I would need a fainting couch.

Ms. Understood said...

Look at your cute baby bump!! You look great.

Mrs. V said...

@Samantha - Let me know how it goes when you visit Buy Buy Baby!

@Mrs. Green - Thanks! I was so hugely bloated from weeks 5-9, it was crazy, I would wake up with a flat tummy and have a bloat bump by the time I got off work.

@DINKEBP - Thanks!

@Ms. Understood - Thank you!!

Theodora Ofosuhima said...

Really nice tummy. You look very healthy :).