Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Thinking

Lately I've had a ton on my mind. I've never been so excited, yet down, in my entire life. I think the thing that is weighing so heavily on my mind is the fact that I miss my mom so much.

My mom passed when I was 12 years old, and my life has never been the same. Usually I'm pretty good about staying positive, and appreciating what I have now, instead of reflecting on the past so much. But it's hard to not try to imagine how things would be if she were still here. I could really use the support right now. Not that my husband and sisters aren't great. They are, but there's no one like your mom. She raised my siblings and I to be the best people that we can be. I have so many wonderful memories of her and sometimes it just breaks my heart that my child won't know her. I know my mom would have been an awesome grandmother, I wish I would be able to experience the bond that they would have shared.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am so sorry. I can't imagine the depth of that loss and I know it has to be hard. Especially right now.

Sending you lots of ((hugs)).

Jessica said...

Thinking about you...I am sure it is hard especially at this exciting time in your life.