Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A coworker induced my nausea...

My nausea came back with a vengeance today. I'm already fighting a cold/sore throat, and now I feel like I'm going to lose my lunch.

It all started with one of my coworkers. How, you may ask? Well, his breath. Seriously, he has the worst breath I have ever smelled. And it was bad before I was pregnant, so now that my lovely "heightened sense of smell" is back, his breath smells worse than ever. It's not like I got a whiff, oh no, I walked out into the hallway, and he was standing talking to another employee. The entire hallway smelled like his poisonous breath. I held my breath and hopped on the elevator. Once I was inside, I gasped for air, only to find that his breath had made it's way into the elevator! OMG, I felt like I was going to die. Not only that, but I was so quick to get away from the stench that I was heading up instead of down on the elevator, causing me to suffer even longer.

I had a taste for some soup, so my coworker (not the one with the bad breath) and I decided to go to Quiznos. The line was out the door, and I had to use the restroom so we decided we could go to Subway instead. We walked in, and I almost passed out. It smelled like vomit in there. I literally ran out, covering my mouth with tears in my eyes. I'm not sure what went wrong in there... I did eventually find something to eat, but my appetite was ruined by the trauma my nasal passages had already endured. And to make matters worse, who was waiting for me at my desk when I returned? Yup, you guessed it. My dragon breath coworker. What did I do? I looked at him, and turned around. There was no way I could talk to him without losing it. So I went in the opposite direction and ate my lunch at an empty cubicle.

I still feel queasy, hopefully it'll ease soon. Everyone knows that his breath stinks. It might just take this queasy, hormonal, highly sensitive pregnant woman to tell him to his face. I can't endure that for another 6 months, I just can't!!!

4 comments:

DF Farmstead said...

OMG! I hate hate hate bad breath! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell someone to chew a piece of gum or even a mint!

Mrs. V said...

I know! I even offered a piece, and he declined!!!!

Ms. Understood said...

I often wonder if their breath is so bad that they've burned out their olfactory nerves. Why can't they smell it? I can smell my breath when it's not fresh. I'm eating my lunch right now (Quiznos) and I was sure to run across the street to Rite Aid to buy a back of gum because when I'm through with lunch I'll have onion breath. Come on people. I'm sorry that you went through that (and will have to smell him for the rest of your pregnancy).

Mrs. V said...

I honestly think he's aware, but just doesn't do anything about it. You can kind of tell by his body language that he's uncomfortable. His office is full of air fresheners and he smells heavily of cologne. I'm trying to be as nice as I can, but something's gotta give!