I woke up at 2:30AM, worrying about this doctors appointment. I went back to sleep for awhile, and woke up to bright red bleeding. Needless to say I freaked the heck out. I pulled myself together, showered, and got dressed for my appointment.
When I got there, I noticed that the parking lot was empty. Not a good sign. I walked up to the door, and noticed a sign that said, "The ___ Medical Center is closed on Friday between 8AM-10AM". Umm.. WHAT? My appointment was scheduled for 9AM!!
I called the 1-800 number to verify my appointment, and they had me scheduled at another location. Commence freak out number two. I was shaking, and could tell that I was on the verge of tears. I was still in the parking lot of the medical center, and what do I see walking past my car? A turkey. Seriously. A real, live turkey. I couldn't help but laugh at that point. It was unbelievable, I took a picture on my cell phone and sent it to my husband. They representative (poor girl, I was very upset when I spoke with her) that answered the phone was very nice and got me an appointment for 11:15AM. I drove around for a while, and then finally went and checked in at 10:30AM. Once I was in and weighed (I lost another 2 lbs) the nurse pulled out the Doppler to check for a fetal heart tone. She was maneuvering the wand around and all I heard was my heart beat. Commence freak out number three! Finally, after what seemed like 10 years, but was probably only 40 seconds, I heard what sounded like a train. It was the baby's heart beat. 166 beats per minute, to be exact. I was THRILLED!!!!!! After wards, the doctor came in, I got a pap, she checked my cervix to make sure it was closed because of the spotting, and gave me a breast exam.
I went through the questions that I had, and then she told me that she wanted to take me off work for a week. She wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing too much, and that the spotting didn't return. I explained to her that I am an Administrative Assistant, that I can just sit around all day and she agreed to let me work on a modified schedule. The only reason I didn't want to take off is because we really can't afford it right now. And I had heard the heartbeat, which put me at ease. She did want me to at least have a ultrasound, so I was scheduled for 2:30PM today.
If you've never had a pregnancy ultrasound before, trust me when I say that you are SO uncomfortable!! Only because your bladder is about to burst, and the technician is putting pressure on it. After about 45 minutes, the technician said we could allow my husband to come back, that's when I really relaxed. He came in, and she showed us the baby. WOW!! My husband's face was priceless. It was his first time seeing our baby, and it was incredible. The baby was moving, kicking, jumping, and waving. It was the best feeling ever! I feel so much better about everything. I'm going to let go of all negativity, and just trust that everything will be okay.
I don't know how to work our scanner, but I'm going to try to upload pics.
Thank you all for your kind words!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like Baby V is here to stay!!
3 comments:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I said that the whole time reading this post! This is so awesome. I am going to keep u guys in my prayers.
What a way to start a weekend!!! :)
OH!! I'm so happy everything turned out ok!!!! And that you were able to see the baby and hear the heartbeat!!! Looking forward to see the pics!
When you said you were bleeding my heart skipped. I'm so glad that everything worked out and you were able to see your little one. Does it feel more real now? I've heard that when people first see the baby that's when it becomes real to them. Wishing you the best for the balance of your pregnancy.
Post a Comment