Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A cold?

Earlier today, I was thinking how fortunate I am to have not been sick (well, other than morning sickness) during my pregnancy. I must have jinxed myself because at work I started feeling ill.

Now, I'm on the couch, with a sore throat, headache, and stuffy nose. Ugh. This feels terrible.

I've tried popsicles, decaffeinated tea, and hot water with lemon. None of them have truly brought me any relief. Hopefully I'll start to feel better in the morning.

I do plan on calling the nurse in the morning, just in case. I want to see if there is anything different that I can take that may help me recover faster.

4 comments:

Ms. Understood said...

I hope you feel better. I have no good recommendations since my go to is usually Nyquil. Oranges or orange juice are also part of my staples for getting well, but I'm not sure how well your tummy will take to the acid. I think there are some low acid orange juices though.

Christina said...

Could it be a sinus infection? Those are pretty common during pregnancy. I believe they put me on Amoxicillan (sp?) and told me i could do sudafed for the symptoms. I dont think i did though, i believe I just did nasal rinses, hot lemon tea, and used hot towels on my face to help relieve sinus pressure. I do remember doing tylenol for the headache/bodyache though.

Rebecca said...

Ick for the cold!! So sorry to hear it's hit you. They really can knock you out. For the stuffy nose, have you tried nasal irrigation with salt water? It's a little odd at first, but it helps me a lot. You can use a nettipot or one of the other things they sell at the drug store.

I hope you find something to give you some relief.

Mrs. V said...

Thanks for the great suggestions ladies! I'll be headed straight to the store when I get off work.