Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

31 week appointment/hospital tour

Yesterday was a busy day for my family.  We had an appointment with our midwife, and then a hospital tour.

My blood pressure was high at my appointment, it was 136/70 and usually it is 120/70.  My midwife was slightly concerned because it had been stable for so long.  She's going to recheck it in three weeks, and if it's still high I'll be taken off work to rest until Bunny makes her grand debut.  Of course I want to do what's best for Bunny, but I only get 12 weeks of FMLA, so if I leave work at 34 weeks, and she doesn't come until 40 weeks, I'll only be able to spend 6 weeks with her before returning to work.  I'm trying not to worry about that, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.  And I'm also trying not to worry about the fact that I could be developing preeclampsia and may have do deliver her early.  My job is being so wonderful about the whole situation, and they are putting me on restricted duties.  Less moving around, less stress, etc.  I'm also changing my diet to more fruits and salads, and will be resting whenever I'm at home.  Hubby is going to finish her room this weekend, just in case we have to expect her sooner than later.

Everything else went great at the appointment.  My belly is measuring 31 weeks, Bunny's heart rate was stable, and I received my flu shot.  I had mixed feeling about my flu shot, but since I have asthma it was deemed VERY necessary.  Hubby will get his this weekend.

The hospital tour was amazing!  I feel really comfortable about delivering there. The staff was great, the rooms were beautiful, and there are jacuzzi tubs and birth balls readily available.  Also, they offer aroma therapy to help relieve some of the discomforts experienced during delivery.  They also have a wonderful shopping area on the main floor that looks like a mall!  You can purchase a breast pump, find the spa, or eat at their nationally recognized restaurant.  They said that they try to refer to their patients at "guests", and I could tell.  It was like a day spa! LOL!

All in all things are going well.  I'm super excited and can't wait to meet Bunny... in at least 6 more weeks!!!

5 comments:

Littlest True Blue said...

That hospital sounds great! SOrry about the high bp! If you get put off work can't you take that as sick leave or medical leave and then have your maternity leave separate? Maybe its different in the US or at your job but I know at my job in Canada if I have to go off before the baby it counts as short-term disability (medical leave) and I still get full pay and then my 1 year maternity leave (unpaid) begins after the baby comes.
Love reading your updates

Jessica said...

Wow, hospital sounds very nice! I hope the high BP was just a one off, and everything is ok! You look great! Seems it went by so fast!

Unknown said...

Sounds like that hospital is the place to be! Mine is really nice too. I feel a little spoiled!
Hopefully your BP levels out and doesn't go much higher. Or maybe you were just having an off day?

Samantha said...

I'm going to sound like a broken record but your hospital sounds AMAZING!

I can't wait to see the pictures of Bunny's room! I think my husband is finally going to START painting Truitt's room today!

Georgy said...

That's where J had his inguinal surgery and I second how they make you feel like guests rather than patients. 100 times better than their main campus.