Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Emotionally drained...

Those two words totally describe me today.  I'm just out of it.  Preterm labor is still a major worry of mine.  I think about it every day.  And lately there have been so many sad stories on the forums that I belong too that I'm seriously thinking about taking a break from them (I'm not going to post the details of the stories because personally, I don't like to read them).  That may be the best thing for me to do.  Even though my midwife didn't mention the need for me to do a "kick count", I do one anyways.  Thankfully Bunny is very active so just as soon as I start to worry because I haven't felt her move, she'll throw a series of karate kicks my way.  I love it!

I'm trying to cheer up.  Bunny has been doing great, my doctor said that she's really consistent.  Her heart rate was good at my last appointment, everything seems well, I feel good, etc.  I guess all of my anxiety is part of the "waiting for the other shoe to drop" mindset that I have acquired over the years.

Hopefully I'll feel better after the baby shower, when I actually have some of the items that we'll need for Bunny, and I'll be about 6 weeks away from full term.

So I'm going to focus on the following:

1. Relaxing
2. Keeping up the kick counts
3. Drinking more water
4. Childbirth classes
5. Baby shower preparations
6. Hospital tour
7. My countdown until full term

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know, it's hard to believe everything will go well when you hear so many horror stories. Maybe a break is a good idea. Plus you have your doctor & MW telling you everything is going well so try to cling to that when you feel yourself worrying.