Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

28 week appointment update

The appointment went really well.  My blood pressure was 110/70 which the nurse said is perfect.  I KNEW I'd gained some weight, I gained 6 pounds from my last appointment, putting my total weight gain to 11 pounds.  My midwife seemed happy with that, so I didn't question it.

My uterus is measuring 28 centimeters, which is a little ahead, but on target.  And bunny's heart rate was 153 bpm.  She also checked me for a UTI since I've been having lower back pains, but she thinks it's due to round ligament pain.  I should know in a few days.

The orange drink for the glucose test didn't bother me one bit.  I actually thought it tasted kind of good!  I drank it down and felt just fine.  It reminded me of the cheap punch that my elementary school used to give us on Field Day.  I should know the results of that test by Monday.

Now for a bit of TMI...

My midwife was able to express some colostrum out of my breasts.  I told her that I'd been using lanolin cream because my nipples seemed really dry.  Then she asked me what kind of soap I use, and I told her that I use Dove.  She said that Dove is a moisturizer so she didn't think it was causing me to have dry nipples.  She took a look, and gave them a squeeze told me that my breasts were leaking and the colostrum was drying causing my nipples to appear chapped.  I would have never guessed that.  But it does make sense.  I can still use the lanolin cream if I want too, but now I know what it's from.

Well, enough about me and my nipples. LOL!  My next appointment is in three weeks.  I'll be 30 weeks then!  That just seems so awesome to me!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

WAHOO and yay for the colostrum! Happy to hear everything went so well!

Dani @ OKDani.com said...

Just found your blog today. Congrats to you!!!
Glad things are going well.
Your field day comment cracked me up because my elementary school used to give us cheap "drink" then too!

xo,
Dani
www.okdani.com
www.longnaturalhair.info

Unknown said...

Only pregnant women could get so excited about leaky nipples :) Mine have been the same. Yahoo!!