Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm SO glad it's Friday!

Thank you for all of your kind words ladies, I really appreciate it.  Lalla, it's good to know that the Baby Blues are common and that they go away.  It's so weird how I can know that I'm being irrational, but can't control it.

Oh, and Ashley, Bella Bands are a MUST for me.  I love them!  Earlier in my pregnancy I ventured out and bought some maternity clothes because I couldn't stand to have things pressing up against my belly.  They were all too big, but I wore them anyways.  Once my uterus starting moving up, I was able to wear my pre-pregnancy jeans with the Bella Band and feel comfortable.  I've always been a fan of longer shirts, so they still fit for the moment (although I did notice that they are starting to seem shorter lately).  I plan on wearing lots of tights and leggings with sweater dresses for the fall.  Oh and boots, I LOVE BOOTS!!

Sam, I'm going to go buy a stool today.  That is a great idea!  And I know what you mean about the hair, it's getting on my nerves.  I feel like I need to shave every day.

This has been a tiring work week for me, and I feel like my focus isn't 100%.  October is next week, and then I'll be in the 3rd Trimester.  Where.did.the.time.go?  It seems like it was just yesterday that I was longing to be in the 2nd Trimester...

We really need to get a move on with Bunny's room.  It's still our office.  We started cleaning it out, but it's not ready to be occupied by a little person.  I guess in some ways I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I'm actually going to have a baby.  Yes, I'm pregnant.  Yes, I feel her kick and roll.  Yes, I have ultrasound pictures and videos of her.  But I don't think I'll actually believe it until she's born.  I've been dreaming about being a mom for as long as I can remember.  It just boggles my mind to think that my dream is coming true.  (Insert tears here, yup, just typing that made me cry at work.)  I just want her to be safe and healthy.  The love that I feel for this child is amazing.  And it's just the tip of the iceberg.

I noticed that all of my shirts look worn on the belly and couldn't figure out why.  I blamed my laundry detergent, until one day my husband was driving me home from work and said, "You never let go of that belly."  I looked down, and I was rubbing my belly, without even realizing it.  Now I notice that it's something that I do ALL day EVERY day.  LOL!  I'm wearing my clothes out!  I just love to be connected to my little girl, and belly rubs give that connection.

2 comments:

DF Farmstead said...

That's so cute! I can't wait to be able to rub a baby belly! Happy Friday, and enjoy your weekend mama!!

Unknown said...

I'm always rubbing my belly subconsciously, too. Or I have my hand on it. It's kind of comical to look down and realize I've been doing it without even realizing.
I think I have a (hopefully temporary) case of the baby blues, too. Although really it should be called the hubby blues. He's bumming me out these days!
And I'm jealous. No way, no how, could I fit into about 95% of my pre-preg shirts. I do have a few long sweaters that still fit, but they're so much tighter/shorter now.