So, my 1 hour Glucose test is on Friday. Any tips on how I can pass it???
I'm so nervous that I'll fail, I've been completely addicted to candy lately. I'm trying to increase my water intake, and I've been walking a lot. Hopefully all will go well.
I still have to pinch myself every now and then, because I can't believe that I'm almost in the home stretch. My husband and I have been trying to get everything ready for Bunny, and the shower is fast approaching. Ahh! I'm just so excited!
Also, it seems like the first trimester is coming back to haunt me. I've been experiencing many of the symptoms, such as; nausea, sensitivity to smell, fatigue, frequent urination, bloating, irritability, food aversions, etc. I guess it's true what they say, the second trimester is the "honeymoon phase".
I was kind of freaked out yesterday because my lower back was aching and my lower abdomen was hurting. I kept a close eye on it because I didn't want to overlook something that could be serious. Thankfully, the pain in my back went away when I changed the position I was laying in. And I think the lower abdominal pain was Round Ligament Pain, and Bunny trying to squeeze back into her favorite position.
27 weeks tomorrow! Woo-hoo!! Another week closer to my next goal. I just pray that she remains healthy and happy in there. And that she stays in for another 10 weeks AT LEAST.
One more thing, anyone know where I can find a pair of maternity skinny jeans? Boot season is pretty much in full effect, and I want some other options besides leggings. I heard Forever 21 had some, but they aren't in the store and I can't find them on their website. Thanks in advance!
5 comments:
I hear Pea in a Pod has skinny jeans but they're $$$ in my opinion.
Congrats on 27 weeks, that's amazing!!!
I got a pair of the Heidi Klum brand and they were cheap ($40), i got them at Motherhood Maternity here in Canada but I'm not sure where you will find them in the states! Good luck with FRiday's test! You'll do fine!
LTB
I have no tips for the test, but good luck, mine is coming soon as well and i'm anxious, hopefully all will be well :)
and btw, there is an award for u on my Blog :)
I'm pretty sure I saw some maternity skinnies online at Old Navy.
And I've heard it's easier to pass your test if you restrict on sugary foods/drinks a day or two before your test. Who knows if that's true though, lol!
The Glucose test is supposed to detect if you have Gestational Diabetes. So relax, if you don't have it you will be fine and I think the 1-hour test is less likely to end in a false positive. In general, eating too many sweet things can mess with the results. So, stop eating candy until the test. I know it will be hard. I forgot the day of my test and drank a large chocolate milk shake (which I had been craving) but still passed (and I had the shorter test). I think you are also supposed to avoid an excessive amount of carbs before the test. Try to eat as normally as possible until after the test.
Post a Comment