Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Poor, poor buttons and pregnancy cravings...

I guess I got a little too comfortable with the fact that I can still fit into my regular clothes, and wore a sweater BUTTONED to work last week.  At lunch, I looked down and noticed that it looked like the sweater was screaming as it tried to cover my belly.  Here's a pic:


Poor buttons.....  Needless to say, I unbuttoned the sweater and wore it open for the rest of the day.  LOL!

Also, DH and I were at the store and I caught a whiff of something delicious as I walked past the bakery.  That one whiff resulted in the deliciousness that is pictured below:


It's called a Bouquet Cupcake.  And it looks SOOO yummy!  I was all set to chomp on it, but then I felt guilty about eating so many sweets before the glucose test.  It'll probably sit in the fridge until the middle of the night when I wake up wanting a snack.  Yummy!  I can't wait to taste it.   The cupcake is HUGE, the picture doesn't show it's real size.  Pregnancy cravings at their finest!

Thanks for all the suggestions/comments about the glucose testing/skinny jeans.  I found some on Old Navy's website, and I have a 40% off coupon, so they might be my next purchase.  Hooray for pregnancy fashion!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cupcake looks YUM-O! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

You asked about the sleep deprivation. Just want to let you know, it was tough, but I was amazed how well I was able to function on such little sleep. You get used to it. But I don't think there's anything you can do to prepare. You can't "stock up on sleep," no matter how many people advise you to do so. When Fable was first born, I did try to "sleep when the baby sleeps" as much as I could. Don't worry, you'll be fine mama!

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres said...

OMG that cupcake looks good!!!

And don't worry about the buttons fighting for dominance over your belly, as long as you and baby are comfortable that's all that matters!

;-)