How far along? 25 weeks! I'm SO excited to be at this stage in my pregnancy, and I feel very fortunate.
Total weight gain/loss: Still around 5 lbs, it's kind of hard to determine because my scale at home calculates differently than the scale at the Dr.
Sleep: Really good. When she moves around when I'm trying to sleep, it puts my mind at ease and I end up sleeping better. Not sure how long this will last, her kicks are getting stronger and stronger!
Food cravings: Still fruit, and cheeseburgers. Food has been sort of difficult this week because I have the GROSS taste in my mouth after I eat. My good friend GOOGLE says it's pretty normal during pregnancy (and I did have it in the beginning), but it makes me not want to eat sometimes.
Best moment this week: Interacting with my little girl. DH and I talk to her and sing to her, and she moves and kicks like crazy. I absolutely love it!
Movement: Oh yes! She's a ninja! Watching my belly move is my favorite past time. And her moving around makes me feel like she's doing okay in there.
Labor Signs: NO! I don't even want to think about this until 37 weeks... (this answer is going to remain the same until 37 weeks, lol!)
Gender: A little LADY!
Stretchies: Not yet, I'm still waiting. I heard that they just pop up out of the blue, so I'll just keep checking...
Belly Button in or out? Parts of it actually started to pop. It kinda freaked me out! You can kind of see it if I'm wearing a shirt that's really fitted.
What I miss: Not wishing time away. I want to focus more on enjoying pregnancy, it's such a special time, but I still have a HUGE fear of her being born prematurely. So every week that passes is like gold to me, and I find that I wish the weeks would pass by more quickly.
What I am looking forward to: Our baby shower!!! It's coming up, October 24th. We have the location all set, and the invitations are going out next weekend! I'm so excited! (But also secretly afraid that no one will show up.)
Symptoms: Frequent urination and increased appetite.
Milestones: Getting closer to the 3rd Trimester! Woo-hoo!!
Weekly wisdom: Take time out to appreciate each day. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed.
Emotions: Anxious and nervous. The "unknown" really freaks me out. I feel so connected to my baby, and I already love her SO much that it causes me to worry about a lot of things. Especially prematurity. It's good that I'm informed and aware of the issues and complications, but at the same time, I wish I could clear my head. I was re-reading one of my favorite blogs: http://justincarl.blogspot.com/, my friend Georgina is the author and her son Justin was born 15.5 weeks early. Her story brings tears to my eyes. And the fact that Justin is here today makes me SO happy and fills me with so much hope. But it is also a dose of reality. Don't take anything for granted.
3 comments:
Your shower is coming up soon! I started thinking I want the nursery done before the shower so we better get started!
Happy 25 weeks!
I totally agree with you about being scared of this baby being born early- I don't know how closely you looked at my blog, but my son has a condition called gastroschisis. As if that were't bad enough, these babies like to come EARLY. So I just keep hoping and praying that he'll wait until 36 or 37 weeks. We'll see though.
I'm sure your little lady will stay put :) Most first babies arrive late.
And I've been focusing on enjoying every moment of this pregnancy, too!
Nice post.
Everything will be fine. Keep up the great work.
Post a Comment