when his wife gets out the shower and comes to him crying because she couldn't catch her breath after shaving her legs, and she says she felt like she was trying to shave a bear??
I think husbands of pregnant wives deserve an award. My poor husband has had to deal with the brunt of my crazy emotions. Yesterday was a low self-esteem day for me. My back was hurting so I decided to shower last night instead of this morning. The water made my back feel better, so I went ahead and shaved my legs. When I bent down to shave, my legs looked HUGE. I felt like my body was foreign to me. I couldn't bend over all the way because my belly was in the way, and I was huffing and puffing because I was all out of breath.
I got out of the shower, dried off, and went to my husband crying. My husband gave me a hug, told me that I look great and that my body is new and improved, and that I'm awesome for growing his daughter. And then he went and got me food from Wendys. What a great guy!!
Looking back, it's hilarious. I know I'm not huge. I'm sitting at work wearing all pre-pregnancy clothes and I'm nearly 7 months pregnant! But I do have my moments where I feel like a wreck. Ashley has a great post on her blog about how funny it is to look a photos of yourself pre-pregnancy, and know that you felt fat then. When you were skinny!! I could totally relate...
3 comments:
You are still wearing PRE-PREGNANCY clothes?!?!?!?! I am so jealous. I won't make it to 20 weeks, guaranteed.
Mad props to the sweet husband. I think mine just thinks I am crazy right now....haha.
Pregnancy, labor & delivery send a woman's hormones on a roller coaster. Mine exploded post-partum when on one occasion I cried for about 8 hours straight even while I (and my husband and mom) told myself I was being illogical! But still, I couldn't stop crying.
Hang in there! And kudos to your hubby.
BTW, I started using Nair for hair removal when I could no longer see past my belly. It worked great for me.
I tried commenting yesterday but the computer was messing up.
We have a plastic stool (it's about 2 ft off the ground) and it's REALLY helping me reach my legs. I hope that will work for you.
My hairgrowth has been ridiculous! Head, legs, random places... everything. EW!!!
Post a Comment