Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hot apple cider and fresh donuts

Doesn't that sound yummy?

I LOVE this time of the year. Picking pumpkins, wearing soft fuzzy sweaters, sipping hot chocolate with whipped cream on the porch with friends.

When that First Response turned positive on April 17, 2010 it seemed like AGES until we reached September. At three weeks pregnant, my mind couldn't even fathom being 6 MONTHS pregnant. But here we are 24 weeks and counting, and I feel so fortunate!

This time of the year reminds me that in a little while I will be meeting my baby girl. The cooler the weather gets, the more frost that is on my windshield, and the fewer leaves that are on the trees all symbolize to me that my due date is fast approaching. To say that I'm excited would be an understatement.

With my ever expanding belly comes the ever expanding comments from random people. I'm trying accept the fact that this is just a part of pregnancy and that for the most part people don't mean any harm. But it does get quite frustrating. I never understood why pregnant women would get so out of sorts when people commented on their bump. But now I get it. It's hard to be hormonal, and see your body change, even if the change is welcomed. Then to have people make comments like, "WOW! You really popped overnight," or ,"OMG! You're going to be HUGE!," doesn't make you feel any better. And I'm fortunate that I'm still able to fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes and haven't gained much weight. But the comments still come. And my feeling do get hurt at times. Especially on the days when I'm already feeling self-conscious and my stomach feels like it's about to burst. Hearing about how I'm getting "bigger and bigger" can be like a slap in the face. But I'm getting tougher. My belly has a purpose, it's protecting my most valued possession until she is ready to make her debut. So I just smile and nod, rub my belly, and thank God for my precious bundle of joy.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Those do sound FANTASTIC! It's still 90 and super humid in north Texas though.

As for the comments try not to take them to heart; you and your doctor both know that you and Bunny are very healthy!

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy fall even though I'm sad to see summer go. We're not suppose to get out of the 70's this week for our high - fall is here!

Jessica said...

Oh I love this time of year especially the cider and donuts!!

I am so happy for you and don't worry what others say you look great! Hugs to you!