Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Nesting...

Nesting mode has seriously taken over.  I woke up at 4AM with the strong urge to clean, clean, clean.  Everything irritates me.  Dust on the entertainment center.  A dirty rag in the kitchen sink.  A speck of lint on the carpet.  I feel like burning the house down and starting over!

And my husband thinks I'm crazy.  I expected the nesting instinct to kick in.  Actually, I thought I had already went through the phase when I was scrambling around to get all Bunny's necessities together.  But this is different.  This time I'm much more emotional.  I had to take a break because I felt like crying after I assigned myself the task to reorganize our entire walk in closet.

Some people say that this is one of the first signs of labor.  I really hope so!  My Braxton Hicks contractions are getting stronger and feeling more like bad menstrual cramps.  They even started to wake me up in the middle of the night.

But who knows?  Bunny may stay in my belly until next year.

I wrote this blog post to give myself a break from cleaning, but I feel like this "mess" is just staring at me, so I'm off to sort some clothes and do some laundry.

Happy Friday everyone!!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

That urge never came for me. Maybe that is why after 28 hours of labor and only getting to a 5 I needed a C Section. Connor wasn't ready!

Samantha said...

The only "urge" I've gotten so far was to reorganize our hall linen closet which I did and felt geat about but that was two weekends ago and nothing sense... it needs to happen though because I'm ready to get some things straight!

As for contractions- I'm right there with you! Last night I woke up to E asking if I was ok and I said yes and asked why and he said I was making horrible noises and then I realized I was having a very painful contraction and guess was vocalizing about it in my sleep!

Unknown said...

I'm extremely compulsive to begin with when it comes to cleaning... so being pregnant has only made it about 100% worse. And the fact that this isn't MY house with things how {I} like them drives me nuts. My stepmom likes to hold onto EVERYTHING and the house is just way too cluttered, in my opinion.
I know what you mean about the contractions at night, too. For some reason mine have been really bad the last few nights, enough to keep me awake and have me start worrying/wondering what would happen if I were to go into labor like three days before my husband came home.

Sonya Marie said...

new follower!! congratulations!!! I love baby stories...I'm totally jealous that you have a midwife...I had a hospital birth with doctors and such and it was just...a horrible experience. You're gonna have such a beautiful story to tell!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

wow...my friend had the same experience...she was just waiting and waiting then all of the sudden..here came my Godson on his own time!