Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Eggplant Parm to induce labor??? I'm gonna try it!

So, my older sister called me today and told me about some stories she heard regarding eggplant parmesan inducing labor for some women.

Now, I'm really, really grateful that Bunny has stayed put for so long, but at this point I think emotions are getting the best of me and I'm ready to meet my baby girl.  So on Thursday, after my midwife appointment, if I haven't made any progress Hubby and I will be going out for dinner.  I'll be ordering a huge plate of eggplant parmesan.  According to the myth, it's supposed to put women into labor within 48 hours of consumption.  That means that I should be in labor by Saturday, which would be perfect because I'll be halfway to 39 weeks by then, and my husband is off work from Saturday - Tuesday.  He'll take Wednesday - Friday off and be able to be home with us all that time!  Perfection!!

But, just like any great plan, I'm sure it won't work.  I just feel the need to do something!  Sitting and waiting is harder than I had anticipated.  We went for a walk around the mall yesterday.  And I mean, I WALKED.  More of a slight jog.  Nothing happened.  I know in the end, Bunny will come out when she's good and ready.  I think me trying to evict her is more of a mental thing for me to keep my sanity.  It's been snowing like crazy here, and I haven't wanted to go out much, so I think I have a case of cabin fever.

38 weeks tomorrow!!  Awesomeness!!

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Eggplant parm sounds yummy and even better if it works! E and I might be going out for Italian this week now :) I bought a fresh pineapple today and plan on eating it because SUPPOSEDLY they have prostaglandins and can make you have cervical change but I'm sure I'll just end up with a mouth full of acidy sores instead!

Last night I lost some of my plug (well I think that's what it had to be) so we had sex. Didn't do a thing! COME ON BABIES!

The one thing I'm happy about still working is that I know if I was at home I'd be going even more crazy waiting!

NohaEl. said...

lol reading this made me smile, remembering all those posts u had praying and hope she'll stay IN till 37 weeks, now u r trying to kick her out lol good luck with that, pls let us know if it worked, cause I'll be making some once i hit 38 weeks as well, that and sex :) hopefully that would work. Good luck.

Unknown said...

I LOVE Eggplant Parmesan... so enjoy that :) And if it works, even better! Someone told my mom that spaghetti was supposed to induce labor, so she ate a HUGE plate of it, and... I kid you not, she went into labor with my little brother THAT night. Could've been just a coincidence... who knows. But perhaps try a plate of spaghetti if the Eggplant Parm doesn't work :)

tara @ the every things said...

what happened to you want her in as long as possible? haha

good luck with the eggplant, although im a firm believer baby will come when baby wants to come, but all the more power to you! let us know if it works!

Lalla said...

It will be interesting to see if the eggplant works. lol

Before I had Ariana, I had a massage and told the masseuse to hit all the pressure points she had been avoiding all pregnancy. That was a Monday afternoon (I was due Friday, but at that point, like you, I was so ready to meet my daughter.) Anyway, I went into labor Wednesday evening.

Anonymous said...

Its suppose to be itilian dishes in general. Something about the sauce. The ladies at work told my friend kristen to try some lasegna and she went into labor the next day. Kinda seems like it works! Good luck.

rebecca said...

Congratulations on reaching 38wks!!! Eggplant Parmesan sounds fantastic and it definitely can't hurt?! Will be hoping things proceed smoothly for you guys & you're soon welcoming your precious child into this world!

Demetrius' mommy. said...

Last few weeks are always the longest
I was miserable so I feel your pain
Just know the end is near!!
She will come and all the waiting
You are doing now will be a distant
Memory.
Congrats in advance though I know
Bunny doesn't want to make you wait
Much longer!