And I'm STILL pregnant! Woo-hoo! I can't believe it! I never thought I'd make it this far. Seriously. I was praying just to make it to 37 weeks, and here I am. I'm super excited that Bunny is going to be so "cooked", it looks like my dream of having a "take home" baby will come true after all...
How far along? 38 weeks pregnant!!
Total weight gain/loss: I think I've gained 27 lbs total. Hard to tell as my weight fluctuated a little since my last midwife appointment.
Sleep: Okay. I've been REALLY tired lately. I'll wake up in the morning, and still feel exhausted so I'll get back in the bed and sleep the day away. Happens every.single.day.
Food cravings: Cereal and junk food. My husband gets upset with me because when he goes to work all I eat is junk food.
Best moment this week: Packing up the car. The car seat is in the back and all of our bags are also loaded up. The only thing we need now is Bunny!!
Movement: She's still really active. Trying to stretch out all the time. I also noticed that she reacts more when I have my arm resting on my belly, or if I bend over. She wiggles around like she's irritated with me. Attitude already? Oh dear, I'm in for it!!
Labor Signs: Not enough. LOL! I've been having menstrual-type cramps for the past few days, and more Braxton Hicks in my sleep that wake me up. My husband woke me up with bug eyes the other night because he said I was moaning in my sleep. When I finally realized that I was actually awake, I noticed I was having one of the worst BH ever! It hurt so badly! For some reason they are worse when I'm laying down. Hopefully I'll be able to walk around when I'm actually in labor.
Gender: From what I can tell she's still a girl, LOL! I still have dreams that she's a boy, I really hope my dreams are wrong!
Stretchies: I have two starting to pop up under my belly. Made me so sad. Hopefully I can contain them and they don't spread. Ugh, I was so happy not to have any on my bump, but they just HAD to pop up!
Belly Button in or out? Still slightly out, it still hasn't "popped" yet, not sure if it will at this point.
What I miss: Absolutely nothing.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting Bunny. That's all I think about these days. Oh, and cleaning up my house. It's a mess, but after my one day of "nesting" I've had no desire to get it back in order.
Symptoms: The usual pregnancy discomforts, Braxton Hicks, mild swelling, frequent urination, irritability, etc.
Milestones: Every day is a milestone for me. I'm so happy to be where I'm at. I just can't wait to meet my baby girl!
Weekly wisdom: Grilled cheese sandwiches are SO much better at 3AM. Mmmmm!!!
Emotions: Nervous. I still have these fears of something happening to Bunny before she's born, or after she's born. Hopefully once I see her they'll go away. I probably won't get any sleep after she's born. Not because she'll keep me up, but because I'll keep myself up checking on her every second of every day. I'm sure of it.
4 comments:
It's true that you'll want to check on Bunny often to make sure she's okay. And you'll also just stare endlessly at the amazing person you and your hubby brought into the world. (I still do.) But please allow yourself to sleep. Lack of sleep definitely accentuates PPD. You'll be a better mommy if you also take care of you.
So excited!! Just finished posting about my pregnant sister and the envy I have of the anticipation of birth and meeting your baby for the first time! Can't wait to meet your Bunny too!!
Awe sweetie!!! So glad your making it So far in your pregnancy!! Bunny is cooking super well and will be super healthy when she finally decides to come out! Can't wait to meet her!
Take this all in, before you know it your miracle will be here!! Can't wait to hear when she arrives!
www.nitsudyeslek.wordpress.com
Kelsey
Post a Comment