Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

37 week appointment update

All went well with the appointment today.  I received my letter from my midwife so I can continue to collect Short Term Disability until I return to work.  So I'm officially on "maternity leave".  Feels good to know that I don't have to worry about work (or money).

Fundal Height: 37 cm
Blood pressure: 120/68
Weight gained: 1 lb
Bunny's heart rate: 155 bpm

I didn't have an internal exam this appointment.  My midwife didn't see the need to check at every appointment unless I was having more severe Braxton Hicks.  But, the good news is that Bunny is still head down, and in the most optimal position for birth.  Her back is at my left side.  We were instructed to practice what we learned in childbirth class 3 times a week so I feel more comfortable in my ability to push her out.

We set up a consultation with our pediatrician of choice for next week.  It was a very relaxed appointment.  I discussed my concerns about me having PPD, and will be calling the Behavioral Health office so I can get some pointers of things to do to prevent PPD, and what treatment I will receive if I do end up getting it.

I feel very accomplished today, everything seems like it is on the right track.  Now we're just waiting for Bunny to come out and join us!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I am SO jealous that you're on maternity leave! I don't have short term disability and my job doesn't offer maternity leave so I just have my holiday/sick/vacation time which is about 6wks worth so I don't want to use it until I have to!

Glad to hear the appointment went well... now I'm just waiting for you to tell us that "It's time!"

Unknown said...

Glad to hear she's in position and ready to go :) Not long now! Come on, Bunny! :)

Demetrius' mommy. said...

Yay! You and bunny made it full term
:)
I can.not wait to see pics of
Your beautiful daughter!
How are you feeling?!