Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

33ish weeks!! 4 weeks till full term, 7 weeks til "due"


How far along:  33ish weeks!!  Why do I say "33ish" weeks?  Because according to my "new" due date, I'm 33w 3d, but according to my "old" due date, I'm 32w6d.  I'm still debating about changing to my new due date...

Total weight gain/loss:  According to the scale at my midwife's office, I'm up 20 lbs.  I seriously almost went into shock when I saw the numbers on the scale.  I don't see where all that weight is?  I must have heavy bones or something...

Sleep:  Good for me, bad for hubby.  Poor guy has been sleeping on the couch because he says that I snore.  Oh well, it's just one of the very lovely pregnancy side effects.

Food cravings:  It's up and down with food.  If I eat too much, my back starts to hurt.  But if I don't eat enough, I get grumpy.  Oddly, I've started to crave soap.  The smell of it is so appealing to me.  I have to Google to see if that means I'm deficient in some nutrients or something.  But I seriously almost start drooling over it when I'm in the shower.  Weird!!!!!!

Best moment this week:  Having my 20 month old BFF help me oil up the belly.  She took that task so seriously, it was so cute to watch.  When she was done she said, "All done Mommy!  Good job Mommy!"  I just adore her!  Oh, and also finding out that my cervix is closed.  I've been having a TON of Braxton Hicks, although the cervix check was terrible.

Movement:  All the time, he's getting cramped in there, poor guy.

Gender:  Still a boy.

Labor signs:  Braxton Hicks galore!  I had them every five minutes for about an hour the other day and FREAKED out!  Thankfully, it seems as though my body is just gearing up for the big day, but hopefully it won't be soon.  I still need at least four more weeks with him in there before I can relax.

Belly Button in or out:  Out, people constantly point out the fact that they can see it.  It's not poking out like a finger.  It looks more like I put a nickle on my belly when I'm wearing a shirt.  So just kind of out there.

What I miss:  Being able to sit comfortably.  Being able to get out the bed without huffing and puffing.  Being able to pick things up off the floor.

What I am looking forward to:  My next appointment which is tomorrow.  Hopefully my BP is still normal, and I'm supposed to be getting a test (can't remember the name) that can help determine if labor is imminent within two weeks.  My cervix was really soft at my last appointment, but my midwife thought it was "long enough".  I hope to get a more definite answer tomorrow.

Milestones: One month away from full term!  So excited!

Weekly Wisdom:  Can't think of anything.  Sorry, maybe next week.

Symptoms:  Most of the third trimester ones.

Emotions:  Mostly good, I still have my moments.

3 comments:

Printed Bonnet by AyoBE said...

LOL @ Heavy bones comment. I tried that one with my sister before and she said "have you ever seen a fat skeleton?" When I said no, she said "OK...point made :-)"

Its all good. I read somewhere that about 16-lbs of the weight comes from blood, boobs, baby, placenta, uterus, water etc. So really, YOU haven't gained any weight since baby should be about 4-lbs by now.

See??? Always a silver lining :-).

This Cookn' Mom said...

Almost there!

Lalla said...

Gained 20 lbs at 33 weeks. That's phenomenal; you are exactly on track!

lol to Yorlee oiling up your belly. Sounds like she will be a GREAT big sister.

double lol to the soap!!!

Hang in there.