Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

A pregnant rant

You'd think that since I've "been there, done that" I wouldn't be so bothered by some of the pregnancy symptoms that arrive during the late stages of pregnancy.  However, that is not the case.

What symptoms?  See below...

 - Lightening crotch.  Yeah, I know baby boy is head down and starting to engage, but why must it HURT so badly!  Sometimes I can barely move.  The other day the pain was so intense I couldn't sit, stand, lay, etc.  I literally had to lean against the wall, panting, grimacing, feeling like I wanted to get out of my own body until he got situated in whatever position he wanted to be in.  Yes, I remember this with Yorlee, but I've learned that remembering the pain and feeling the pain are two different things.

- Swollen ankles/feet.  I've got it bad this time.  I rocked slippers to work on Friday after finally admitting defeat when five different shoes wouldn't fit.  A trip to Target over the weekend to buy a more work appropriate pair of slippers was a success.  And now I kind of look like I'm wearing actual shoes...

- Emotional roller coaster.  One minute I feel so happy and free, the next I'm filled with anxiety and can't stop crying or wanting to cry.

- Judo chop baby movements.  When I was pregnant with Yorlee, I really thought something was wrong with me because all the books/websites said movement was supposed to decrease, yet she was more active than she had ever been.  Same with this child.  People can see my stomach move from across the room.  It can be quite startling and painful.

 - The waddle.  I tried to avoid this for as long as I could.  But, now it's here and here to stay.

 - Urinary urgency.  There is nothing like sitting there minding your own business when BAM!  The urge hits you to use the restroom, and NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   On the return trip from visiting my husband's family, I was hit with the urge.  I'm a bathroom snob and refused to pee anywhere but at home.  So I'm holding my breath and squeezing my legs shut to try to avoid ruining our leather upholstery in our SUV.  Finally, we're home, I race in, drop my purse, kick my shoes off and bolt to the bathroom.  I go to sit down and HOLY HECK LIGHTENING CROTCH.  Seriously, I couldn't sit to pee on my own toilet.  I literally had to brace myself by using one arm on the wall behind the toiled, and holding the towel rack that was in front of me and pee standing up.  Weirdest pregnancy experience to date.

I have a few more, but thanks to "pregnancy brain" I can't remember them.  Oh, I'm 35(ish) weeks now!  Only a few more weeks until full term, and only a short five weeks until I meet this little guy, I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Printed Bonnet by AyoBE said...

You're almost there!

LOL @ judo chop...that's just too funny. I can totally relate but also like you, I am counting the days.

The swelling is noticeably worse on my left foot now and NOTHING fits. My shower is this Saturday and I went out to look for a new pair of sandals and to take advantage of the end of summer deals. Let's just say after an hour at the store, I left feeling very disappointed :-(.

Glad you were able to find something at Target. Perhaps I should look at their online selection.

Have a fabulous week!

Lalla said...

Lightening crotch and judo chops. Wow! I didn't experience either of those. All I can say is you're definitely in the home stretch. I know this feels like it's taking forever, but...