Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

27 weeks, 2 days


How far along:  27 weeks, 2 days.  I can't believe that I have less than 10 weeks until baby boy is full term.  Amazing!

Total weight gain/loss:  According to the scale at my midwife's office, I'm officially up 8 lbs.  I'm really curious to see what my total weight gain is at the end of this pregnancy.  Hopefully I gain less than I did last time.

Sleep:  Getting tough.  Between the baby doing kung-fu in my belly, my bladder being squished, and the aches and pains that come with this stage in pregnancy, I feel as though as soon as I really close my eyes it is time to wake up for the day.

Food cravings:  Either junk food or fruit.

Best moment this week:  Having Yorlee come up to me and say, "Hi Mommy, I love you!"  So sweet!!  And hearing baby boy's heartbeat at my midwife appointment yesterday.  It was in the 140s.

Movement:  Yes!  He is quite the mover and shaker.

Gender:  Still a boy!

Labor signs:  Not really, baby is in the head down position though.  I thought so because I always feel his hiccups really, really low.

Belly Button in or out:  Still the same, partially popped.  Baby boy loves to drag his little limbs across my belly button which is quite uncomfortable.  If I touch my belly while he is doing that, I can feel very obvious little body parts, I think it freaks my husband out.  I actually felt individual toes the other day.

What I miss: Organization!  My house has been a complete wreck because of moving/boxes/etc.  I'm ready for it all to be put together and organized!

What I am looking forward to:  Setting up baby boy's nursery.  I still need to get his bedding.  I don't want anything fancy or expensive, because honestly, he won't be in there much.  I co slept with Yorlee because I was nursing, and plan to do the same this time.

Milestones:  Being less than 10 weeks away from full term!

Weekly Wisdom:  Even though you feel great, try to take some time out to relax, it'll catch up to you later.

Symptoms:  Puffy face, swollen ankles, irritability, hunger, frequent urination, etc.

Emotions:  Still up and down.  I have absolutely no patience, but since I know it, I've been able to do better.

No comments: