I was showing Yorlee a video that I took of her the other day while she was in the middle of a meltdown. She was so intrigued by the little person in the video, and obviously didn't realize that it was her. She said, "Mommy, bad baby." I tried to explain to her that the baby was mad because her mommy told her not to do something, to which she responded, "Bad.... bad baby."
After the video ended, she wanted to see more of "the baby". I started playing videos of her as an infant, and when she first started crawling. Once we went through all of those, she wanted to see more. So we went on to when she first started walking and waving "Bye-bye". A couple times, I had to fight back tears, looking at how far my once teeny tiny baby has come.
And then my heart started to swell thinking about how we will have another little tiny person in our lives very soon. It was a wonderful trip down memory lane.
Now that I know how short the newborn stage is, I'll be sure to enjoy it more. Those first few weeks, and grunts, and coos don't last long!
No comments:
Post a Comment