Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

You know you're in the 3rd Trimester when... (Part I)

- You can cry at the drop of the hat.
- You have an attention span shorter than your toddler.
- You waddle when you walk.
- You feel you can rearrange the couches and coffee table in your living room BY YOURSELF, because their current design is totally flawed and your nesting instinct has kicked in.
- You snore when you sleep. But not all the time, because you barely sleep.
- You knock things over with your belly.
- You start to feel really ugly.
- Your prized "skinny pants" start smothering your legs and squishing your protruding belly.
- You start to have a short temper and feel upset for what others view as no reason.
- You are constantly out of breath.
- You are constantly thinking about food.
- You always have two pairs of shoes at work in case your feet start to swell.
- You totally think your shirts are long enough until you catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror at work and realize that you've been flashing people all day.
- You don't recognize yourself in the mirror.
- You spend more time in the bathroom than you do anywhere else.  Growing baby + bladder = numerous trips to the restroom.
- Your nose is always congested.
- You can't get your rings off of your finger because your fingers are swollen.
- You have to hold on to something to put your pants on, or else you'd topple over.
- You can no longer just hop over the numerous baby gates in your house.  You have to hold on to the wall, swing one leg over, and then grunt as you try to hoist the other leg over.


That's all I can think of for now.  I'm sure as I get further along I'll have to come out with a Part. II

Needless to say, I'm feeling like an emotional, hormonal, stuffy-nosed, irritable, air headed, physically unbalanced, larger version of myself.  And it's tough.  But, I know that the reward at the end is oh-so-sweet.  Even if that reward will keep me up all night.  Thankfully, I'm not at that "I can't wait to NOT be pregnant anymore!!" phase yet.  We'll see what happens... :-)

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Luv this post! I am two weeks away from meeting my little man and I feel your pain. I have to lean back to get my sneakers on. I can't fit in my car anymore. And I know I shouldn't be on my feet so much so when I go shopping, I ride the little electric cart at Wal-Mart!

The third trimester is so uncomfortable but it's so worth it. I can't wait!

Printed Bonnet by AyoBE said...

LMBO! This is just too funny and so true! I am experiencing 90% of the same things.
Are you still able to wear your rings? I'm not. I wear a different ring now which is MUCH BIGGER and still some days, its hard to take off.
As for shoes, well, I am not permanently in flip flops.

Lalla said...

This was HILARIOUS! And so true.

If it makes you feel better, I just put my wedding ring back on last month. It didn't fit post pregnancy either.

My favorite is about the shirt you think is long enough but you've been flashing people all day.