I'm back from my midwife appointment. Good news is: all is well with Bunny. Her heart rate was in the 150s, my belly is measuring right on track, and she's head down (which explains the lightening crotch I've had the pleasure of experiencing). And my blood pressure was back to normal. Woo-hoo!!
Bad news: I've been having too many Braxton Hicks, and I'm now in danger of going into preterm labor. My midwife took me off of work for two weeks to see if that calms things down. And I had the pleasure of having a cervical check. Umm.... That was horrible! But I'm glad she checked it because come to find out my cervix is shortening and softening. BUT, I'm not dilated at ALL. I felt pretty good about that.... And then she said it, "Our goal is to keep her in for at least two more weeks."
Ugh....
That one sentence made my heart drop. Now I'm in the "try to keep baby in" category. I'm trying not to stress, but I want my little girl to be healthy. Only three weeks away from full term, c'mon Bunny! WE CAN DO THIS! I was just praying for another mom-to-be to have full term babies, now I'll add myself to that list.
I'm trying not to stress, but it's hard.
I also had the Group B Strep test done, as well as a check for infections and she tested my urine. Just in case. I'll call in the morning for the results.
Well, I'm off to bed, I feel emotionally drained today.
8 comments:
In my Whitley Gilbert voice "relax, relate, release", lol. I know, easier said than done. But a little bit of reassuring news, I was put on bedrest at 31 weeks after I started having contractions and I made it four more weeks before delivering Nathan. So keep your feet up, try and rest and drink lots of water. Hang in there, you'll be full term before you know it.
I know how you feel. But hey, something that has been REALLY comforting for me- you're way past the danger zone. Chances are, even if she came early at this point, she'd have a really good chance of being able to breathe very well- with little support. And that's good, mama!
Take it easy the next couple weeks and try not to stress. I know- way easier said than done.
PS- glad I'm not the only one who thought the cervical exam was horrible! Well actually, not as bad as I thought but STILL.
Awe Sweetie....no need to stress. Like Jess said- you are way past the danger zone. Bunny has a GREAT chance of surviving if she were to come now.
Just take it easy for the next few weeks. Drink plenty of fluids and RELAX!!!
You and bunny will be just fine :)
I agree... As hard as it is to hear all you really can do is relax and that will help Bunny stay in as long as possible. My hospital doesn't even have a NICU and they deliver 33 weekers all of the time with no problem so I'm sure you'll be ok!
Keep us updated!
Sorry things didn't go the way that you had planned, but it's all what's best for your little girl! Now, just realx and let things take their course! Hugs!!
Hang in there. Stressing out will only make things worse so like everyone else said, relax. (I know easier said than done.) Try listening to some music you enjoy (I found kingdom songs to be very relaxing) and definitely pray for peace of mind.
BTW, I agree with you on that cervical exam... Ugh! I didn't enjoy them, especially the first one before the cervix shortened.
Belinda told me the news so I had to check your blog for details. The advice already given is right on point. The only thing I can add is to look at the POSITIVE side. Consider this a VACATION. Sleep in, read, watch movie, and
pamper yourself because once bunny gets here it will be all about her. Can't wait to meet her.
If she happens to come early just know she'll be alright. Like I said previously my princess came at 34 weeks and was 7lbs and 11oz. That's a huge baby for 34 weeks. She was healthy and I was happy :). Don't stress tho. You'll both me fine. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.
Post a Comment