Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

32 week update

How far along? 32 weeks pregnant!!  Only 2 weeks away from my next goal, and officially 8 months pregnant!!!

Total weight gain/loss: 16 lbs total.  Not too bad, my goal was to gain less than 30 lbs for the entire duration of the pregnancy.  I know that baby packs on the pounds these last few weeks so we'll see where I end up.

Sleep: Okay, for the most part.  My legs fall asleep, and I still have heartburn/upper back pain.

Food cravings: Nothing really.  I had a craving for cupcakes yesterday so I bought some mini cupcakes from the bakery and ate one.  Now I don't want them anymore.

Best moment this week: Recognizing that Bunny is most active when my hubby is around.  She really responds to his voice, especially when he's laughing. 

Movement: Most definitely!  It does hurt sometimes when she stretches out.

Labor Signs: I've started to get Braxton Hicks when I move around too much.  It took awhile for me to figure out what it was, because my belly is always tight, and sometimes when Bunny moves a certain way I get the same sensation as I do with Braxton Hicks. 
Gender: A little lady!!

Stretchies: I noticed a few really small, really light ones on my sides.  My husband says he can't see them and won't even help me look for them.  But I know they're there!! LOL!

Belly Button in or out? It still hasn't "popped", but you can see it through my shirt.  Any day now, I'm sure..

What I miss: Being able to walk from my desk at work to the copy machine and back without being out of breath.  I also miss being able to bend over.

What I am looking forward to: Completing our last childbirth class.  That last one is Monday.  I can't believe time flew by that quickly.  It seems like it was just yesterday that I was signing up for them, and now they're almost over.

Symptoms: Frequent urination, increased appetite, indigestion, fatigue, and increased thirst, mild swelling of ankles and fingers, braxton hicks, irritability.

Milestones: Starting Bunny's nursery.  My original plan was to wait until 37 weeks, but I guess my nesting instinct kicked and and I made hubby put her crib and dresser/changing table together over the weekend.  It's so nice to walk in there and see her things in place.  I just wish we had more space for her.  We moved from a two bedroom apartment, to a one bedroom apartment.  And then three months later I found out I was pregnant.  Our apartment has an office, in a separate room, so we're using that as Bunny's room.  But it has a built-in computer desk which takes up space.  It'll work for now, I'm sure she won't be in her room much when she's born anyways...

Weekly wisdom: It is completely possible to feel blissfully happy, yet terrified at the same time.  I love Bunny SO much, and I'm so happy that I'll be able to meet my daughter soon.  Yet, sometimes I just feel scared.  My midwife said it's completely normal, but I feel kind of guilty about it...

Emotions: Pretty stable.  Work is hard, I'm running out of "niceness".  Between having difficulty sleeping all night, and dealing with the aches and pains of pregnancy, I find that I'm more grumpy as usual.  And guess what, I'm okay with that!  I'm still working full time and I'm 8 months pregnant, I think I can get away with a little grumpiness.

No comments: