Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dear Scale,

Please be kind to me today.  I've really been dreading stepping on you.  You always make me weigh so much more than I normally do at home.  Besides, I'm kind of emotional today and I don't think I can handle a huge weight gain.

So when I step on you today at 3:00PM, please rise slowly, if at all.  I really don't get where the weight is going since I'm still wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans.  Maybe my head?  It does seem a little bigger...  But I guess vanity is out the window because the last time I saw you, you displayed proudly in bold black letters that I weighed more than my husband.

Anyways, just be nice.

Ever grateful,

Mrs. V

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah the scale...how I cringe when I step on it now. I know it's all a good thing but when I found out I gained 8 pounds in four weeks, I about died! haha.

I decided that next time I am going to take my shoes off - no matter what!

Samantha said...

I take my shoes off, even if they're just flip flops that weigh a few ounces. Step on backwards and tell the nurse you don't want to know what it is if you're bothered by it! It's for bunny and you're doing a great job baking her!

Littlest True Blue said...

Try to think of pregnancy as the only time the scale is supposed to go up! It's sort of a double edged sword though...on weigh-ins where I gain a lot I freak...on weigh-ins where I don't gain I freak because I think i'm not feeding my baby or its not growing! It's lose-lose! Maybe not looking is best, trust your doc will tell you if there is a problem!
Good luck! Can't wait to hear the appt update!

Mrs. Green said...

Lol here I come to console u, but i just about screamed when I stepped on the scale at the doctor on Tues. Lol, but try to think of it as just a number and its extra lbs that we NEED for our baby! And the numbers will come down shortly after the bundle of joy is here! :)

Unknown said...

I don't even LOOK anymore. I can't handle how slowly the nurse always moves the slider. I've been gaining an INSANE amount of weight lately. Let's pray that it's just water.