I've been crossing things off of my "To Do" list left and right, as my pregnancy comes to an end. I can't believe that I'm just 23 days away from being full term, and 43 days away from my due date.
My husband and I took part one of our maternity pictures on 11/11. One of my previous coworkers is a photographer and he does amazing work. We did the indoor portion, and will do the outdoor portion sometime this week (weather permitting). He was actually surprised that I wanted to do some bare belly photos. I told him I wanted to get them out of the way before the stretch marks come! LOL!
I also had my first prenatal massage on Saturday (11/13), it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! I was so comfortable, and the woman really took her time and helped relax my muscles. I don't have nearly as many aches and pains as I did before having the massage. My sister and I decided to just make it a complete pamper day. We started the morning off with breakfast, then went to the salon and got pedicures and our nails done, and then on to get full body massages. It was great!!
Yesterday afternoon we did what I've been looking forward to for a LONG time. We made a belly cast! We purchased the kit for $20 from BuyBuyBaby. My husband was so excited and set everything up so nicely. I sat in a folding chair that was covered with a tarp and my husband carefully applied the strips. The kit came with petroleum jelly, but I put my bio oil on first, and then slathered the jelly on in the hopes that my belly would be moisturized at the end of the process instead of just greasy. The cast came out great, it's drying now but picture will come soon. I am still in disbelief that my belly was even big enough to make a mold of. But it's HUGE! I was shocked! We're going to sand it down and paint it to hang in Bunny's room.
All in all, I was able to cross three things off my list.
3 comments:
JEALOUS!
1. I really really wanted to do maternity pictures- but without my husband, it seems a little pointless.
2. I also really wanted to do a belly cast before my shower... but they were out of stock several times when I tried to buy the kit. :(
and THREE- what pregnant woman WOULDN'T want a pampering day?!
She'll be here before you know it!
Can't wait to see your pictures!!! Glad you were able to relax and feel better after your massage, good for you!!
I never did one of those belly casts. That would be fun after the fact as you really do forget how huge you get. I was actually going to have my sister-in-law do belly shots the week we were in Utah, the same week Ryder was born two months early, so I missed out.
Post a Comment