Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

34 Weeks!! We made it to another goal!!!!!!!!!

How far along? 34 weeks!  I'm SOOO excited, this goal seemed so far in the beginning, now I'm crossing it off the list.  Only two goals left, full term, and healthy baby.

Total weight gain/loss: I'm probably at 18 or 19 pounds by now, I'll know for sure on Thursday at my midwife appointment.

Sleep: Hasn't been the greatest, but I've been using more pillows and that seems to help.  Sleeping on my left side isn't as comfortable as sleeping on my right side, but I still lay on my left side to fall asleep.

Food cravings: Whatever I see.  Seriously, DH and I were at Target yesterday and there was a picture of a steak on some freezer bags, and my mouth started watering for a steak.  Pretty sad actually... LOL!

Best moment this week: I had a few: maternity pictures, prenatal massage, and belly casting.  Also crossing of my goal of 34 weeks!  Next stop, FULL TERM!!

Movement: She's still going strong.  I can tell when she's napping now.  She usually sleeps for about 20 - 40 minutes before she starts tumbling around again.

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks. I get them ALL.THE.TIME now, and some of them really hurt.  I also have this weird buzzing in my pelvic area, and some sharp pains "down there".  I know my body is busy making preparations for labor, so I'm not too concerned.

Gender: Pretty in pink!

Stretchies: I've noticed some in the making near where I had my belly button pierced.  (Yeah, I used to have a navel piercing, a totally regretted decision.....)  I've been slathering the Bio Oil on that area to try to keep them at bay, it seems to be working but the skin on my belly feels tighter and tighter every day.  I'm not sure what it will look like 6 weeks from now...

Belly Button in or out? More out than in.

What I miss: Wearing my wedding ring.  I couldn't even put it on this morning.  I almost cried, I just don't feel right without it.  I tried to wear one of DH's bands (he has several, I upgraded his a few anniversaries ago), but it was too big.  I'm going to go buy a cheapy one that I can wear until I deliver.

What I am looking forward to: Meeting my princess, only a few weeks left.

Symptoms: Frequent urination, increased appetite, indigestion, fatigue, and increased thirst, mild swelling of ankles and fingers, braxton hicks, irritability.

Milestones: Every single day is a milestone for me.  I'm so thankful!

Weekly wisdom: I'm not sure if this counts, but I just found out that I'll be eligible to get paid for 13 weeks of maternity leave when my new benefits start.  So I'm hoping Bunny is a January Jellybean instead of a December Dreamer!!  It will take so much stress off of me if I'm able to get paid for my entire maternity leave.  Please stay put until January 1st!!!!!!!!!!!

Emotions: I've been feeling really down about my appearance lately.  I feel fat and ugly.  My brain is telling me that I'm being completely irrational, but my hormones are saying the opposite.  And it doesn't help that people STILL love to comment.  That really urks my nerves.  I try to be polite, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I have seen your pictures, you are NOT big. If people are commenting about your size...I'm really in for it!!!!
And also, Mmmmm steak. Now I'm craving it too!!!!
Congrats on 34 weeks! She'll be here before you know it. (hopefully in January)

Krissy said...

I hope you get your wish of jan 1st! My princess came at 34 weeks. She was ready to get out of there! But she was fully developed and ready when she made her debut at 7lbs11oz

Unknown said...

I'm not loving how my maternity clothes are fitting these days.... I just feel frumpy all the time. So I kind of sympathize with you on feeling fat/ugly! {But I'm sure you are actually a beautiful, glowing mama-to-be}.
Wow... three weeks to term. You must be freaking out. I would be. :) I'll keep my fingers crossed that she waits until January 1st to make her appearance- and possibly you can get the award for the first baby of the new year {in your hospital}? :)

Mama K said...

I just came across your blog through another that I follow and I have to say you look amazing! I'd love some more followers for my blog, so if you're interested please stop on by!

It's currently set to private, but I'm more than willing to add more mamas-to-be!

Send me an email at wherehopegrows at gmail dot com :)