There is nothing better than quiet afternoons spent laying in bed with my hands on my belly, bonding with my baby girl. Talking to her, singing to her, feeling her kick and tumble... It brings tears to my eyes.
Thank goodness for tomorrow, I plan on having a lazy Saturday. I may take a trek to the bookstore and purchase a few children's books so I can lounge on the couch and read stories to my sweetie pie.
After a careful scrutiny of my feelings and emotions, I came to the realization that this pregnancy still is not 100% real to me. And by that I mean, it seems too good to be true at times. Life isn't meant to be lived waiting for the other shoe to drop, it's meant to be LIVED. And that's what I plan to do. Starting with embracing my belly, and the little person that resides inside. She IS real, she IS alive, and she IS my daughter. Planning and preparing for her arrival won't jinx that.
The author of one of the blogs that I follow recently gave birth to a healthy baby boy. She spent her ENTIRE pregnancy living in fear that something was wrong. From the moment she found out she was pregnant, she feared for the worst. And it became obvious that she was not enjoying this special time. It really opened up my eyes. This should be a moment that is both enjoyed and celebrated. A new life is underway. And I'm so grateful.
I pat, rub, and caress my belly everyday. I want her to know that I'm here, that I care, and that she's safe.
1 comment:
That is so sweet. Read to her and play her music, my Lincoln used to love him some Gospel music while he was on the inside!!
Post a Comment