Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Attack of the Pregnancy Hormones!!!!

Guess who had their first major pregnancy meltdown last night??????










Still guessing? Okay, I'll tell ya......

IT WAS ME!!! LOL!

It seemed as though all was well during the first part of my pregnancy, my moods were good, I felt good, everything was good. But lately there's been a change, and boy oh boy do I feel bad for my husband.

This will probably seem silly to everyone, but my freak out was caused by my weight gain (which is barely existent). All of a sudden, out of nowhere, I got this overwhelming feeling that I was going to be as big as a house at the end of my pregnancy and that my husband wouldn't like me anymore. I started bawling, I mean, BAWLING!! My contact fell out, my nose was running, face was flushed, it was a mess. Then I got the hiccups. At first my husband was laughing, because he thought I was joking, but when I turned to face him he saw that tears flowing and I wasn't laughing with him. He looked absolutely shocked. Not only did my breakdown come out of no where, but it was also completely unwarranted. I'm not even back at my pre-pregnancy weight yet. But the hormones were doing the thinking, not me. LOL!

I'm sure that was just the first of many more to come...

3 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm sure it's not funny to you but you made me laugh. I think it's funny because I've had total meltdowns "over nothing" lately too.

We'll be ok!!!!

Anonymous said...

Aw - I feel that way too sometimes, it's hard to feel "sexy" when you feel like your body is just ballooning out of control. BUT my DH has told me that carrying our baby is the sexist thing to him right now, so I try to focus on that.

DINKEBP said...

I wouldn't even trip. You have so many hormones surging through your body all while growing a healthy human. Don't be hard on yourself and understand that your emotions are just that. Probably temporary feelings that overwhelm you but that will likely go away with time. Keep your chin up chica! ;-) Hope you feel better soon!