Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

36 week bumpdate!


How far along:  36 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain/loss:  You already know how I feel about this...

Sleep:  Not so good lately.  Little man has decided to poke out every limb possible the minute I get comfortable in bed.  Which means, Mama can't sleep.  It literally feels like he is trying to push his way out of my belly.

Food cravings:  Cake, cookies, cheese, sweets.  I've been a baking fool!  And for a person who doesn't usually bake, that speaks volumes.  I made oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies from scratch.  I want to bake a cake, so I'm trying to find a recipe that speaks to me.

Best moment this week:  Watching my baby girl learn and grow.  I need to start talking about her more often on here and post some pictures.  I'll try to get to that later on this week.  She is talking up a storm, and so opinionated.  I absolutely love this stage and can't wait to see her become a big sister.

Movement:  Nonstop, startling at times.  I've also started to feel him start practice breathing.  Which scared the heck out of me at first.  It felt like a pulse, that wasn't mine, and I could see my belly rising and falling quickly.  After visiting Dr. Google, I realized that he was practice breathing.  I really don't remember feeling that with Yorlee, but I probably didn't know what it was.

Gender:  Boy oh boy!

Labor signs:  The Braxton Hicks have been picking up lately.  I had them five minutes apart for a little bit yesterday.  In trying to prepare myself for labor, I don't focus on them, but instead focus on breathing.  Braxton Hicks have always been painful for me, which explains why my contractions were absolutely excruciating.  Seeing as though I plan to birth without an epidural this time, I need to really focus on some relaxation techniques.

Belly Button in or out:  Out.

What I miss:  Alcohol!  I know that sounds super vain, but my mouth has been watering for a sip of wine, or beer, or margarita.  The sad part about it, is that I recall from when I had Yorlee that alcohol didn't taste as good as I thought it would once I was able to drink it.

What I am looking forward to:  Hitting 37 weeks, and then meeting my baby boy.  So many people have been having their babies early lately.  I'm trying to prepare myself for the fact that I may go through 40 weeks of pregnancy again.  Whatever is best for him, that's my motto.

Milestones:  Being 9 months pregnant!  And boy, and I feeling it.  My husband kept noting the fact that I'm REALLY waddling now.  But I can't help it, his head is so low and my feet are so sore that I can no longer walk without looking like a duck.

Weekly Wisdom:  Relax, and keep calm.  Our basement got water damage over the weekend (it's finished), and I about flipped out thinking about having to rip out all the drywall, carpet, etc.  And the water came from the bathroom so I was stressed about having to pull out and replace the tub.  Come to find out, our jetted tub is cracked, but repairable.  And hubby only had to take out about a foot of drywall starting at floor level.  The carpet dried in time and was treated with mold prevention. What we thought would cost us thousands, only ended up costing about $200.  So, I tell myself going forward, relax, and keep calm!

Symptoms:  Pain everywhere, exhaustion, irritability, Braxton Hicks, swelling, Buddha belly, etc.

Emotions:  I'm an angry bird.  For really no reason at all, other than the fact that I'm hugely pregnant.  So, sorry in advance!

3 comments:

Printed Bonnet by AyoBE said...

Awww...you are doing so great! Keep up the good work and kudos to you on handling the basement issue well.
I would have flipped out!

You're days away from full term. YAY!!! Soon you'll be holding your little man in your arms.

Keri Elizabeth said...

HOLY COW!!! When did you reach 36 weeks woman??? I can't believe your almost done!! Eeeek!!! Now it seems as if I've slowed down and you've went full speed!! hahaa

Mrs. Pancakes said...

Yaah you are almost there....enjoy your family of three before you become a family of four!