Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Weight Loss

Due to the nausea I've been experiencing, I'm down almost 8 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I knew something was up when I was at my doctors appointment last week, and I weighed less with all my clothes on (and shoes) than I did previously undressed.

Food definitely has NOT been my friend. Everything sounds so gross, even the foods that I used to love aren't appealing. Thankfully, I'm not vomiting, but I'm so nauseous that all I want to do it lay down and sleep. Yesterday, the only thing I was able to eat ALL day was 2 ice cream bars, a bagel, four pickles, and a bottle of water. Not good. Baby needs more nutrients than that. Thank goodness for prenatal vitamins!!

I'm going to try to follow the "pregnancy diet" that my doctor recommends. It includes lots of fruit, grain, and vegetables. Hopefully that'll stop me from losing weight. I'm only five pounds away from my pre-marriage weight, and a lot of people thought I was too thin back then.

I totally have a new respect for people who have REALLY BAD morning sickness. I feel horrible just being nauseous, at this point I couldn't imagine vomiting every day.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, I really appreciate it. I hope you are able to start eating!!! Hugs!