Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Miscarriage

Well... I've just suffered a miscarriage. My doctors appointment was yesterday and I had an ultrasound. According to all the tests that I had done previously, I was supposed to be 8 weeks 4 days. I did have some bleeding and cramping throughout my pregnancy, and it was confirmed yesterday that the baby did not survive.

I actually feel fine. My husband is okay, I'm okay. We're just ready to move on to the next phase. I believe that this is greatly due to the fact that we were held in limbo during the entire pregnancy. I had bleeding very early on, was told that I was experiencing a "Threatened Miscarriage" at only 5 weeks 5 days, and although my doctors appointment on January 7th revealed everything to be normal (with no ultrasound performed), I still kind of knew that it wasn't.

Everyone has been so nice and supportive. My sisters are great, they've been calling, texting, and emailing. Even though I was trying to keep everything a secret until I hit 12 weeks, I'm kind of glad that it was leaked out.

The bleeding had stopped awhile ago, so I'm not in any pain or anything. I actually feel pretty good, considering. We'll see what the future holds...

No comments: