Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Using the potty

Over the weekend, Yorlee decided that she didn't like her diapers anymore and wanted to use the potty.

Sunday morning, she woke up saying, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, I pee pee, POTTY!"  I went in her room, and she reached up for me and led me to the bathroom to her Dora potty.  I took off her diaper and she promptly sat on the potty and went.

Of course I jumped around and praised her.  She acted like it was no big deal, then pushed her potty up to the sink to wash her hands and brush her teeth.

Who is this child and who took my baby?!?

After nap time, I didn't hear her ask to go to the potty and woke up to find that she had taken off her diaper and pooped in her Pack'N'Play.  Yuck, yuck, YUCK!  She then wanted to sit on the potty anyways.  So I let her.

She continued to use the potty throughout the day and wash her hands like a big girl afterwards.  I was concerned that she wouldn't go at daycare on Monday, but lo and behold, she went all day.

I'm prepared for her to regress.  I really wasn't planning on trying to get her adjusted to using the potty until after baby #2 was born, but she had other plans.  I'm really proud of my big girl!

2 comments:

Lalla said...

Congratulations! This is quite a milestone, especially for her age. I know you're missing your "baby," but with Baby V 2.0 on the way, this will be a GREAT thing!

Mrs. Pancakes said...

that's so awesome...congrats to her!