Despite being happy about our upcoming new addition, there are still moments where fear and doubt creep into my head. Trying to figure out exactly HOW everything will work eludes me.
HOW will I get sleep? Sure, newborns sleep a whole lot (during the day at least), but 2 year olds don't! After being up all night with Baby V 2.0, how on earth will I be able to function well enough to keep my 2 year old from jumping off her dresser or painting the walls????
HOW will I shower? Of course I can put the baby in a bassinet and bring him/her into the bathroom with me, but what will I do with my rambunctious 22 month old? I guess I could put her in her pack and play for a few minutes.
HOW will my husband and I spend time together? I very vividly remember pretty much being a nursing machine for the first three months. Add to that chasing around a busy toddler and being sleep deprived by a newborn and I'm not sure how my husband and I will be sane enough to interact with one another.
HOW can I make Yorlee feel special and make the transition easy on her? We plan on making special time for her, whether a relative keeps the baby for a few hours, or my husband and I switch off and take her somewhere fun. But she has absolutely no concept of babies, and doesn't care about them at all. On the way home from picking her up from daycare, I'm going to stop by the store and get a baby doll and play crib so that she can get an idea of what babies are and how they should be touched very gently.
HOW will I cope? I know I can do this, but I just can't see myself doing it. That is what is the most scary part. Usually I can visualize myself in a situation and think about how to handle it, but this two kids thing? Yeah, I've got nothin'.
HOW do you do it? To all you moms (and dads) out there, how did you make the transition from one child to two, especially if they are fairly close in age?
No comments:
Post a Comment