I have to be honest here and say that this pregnancy was a complete shock. It took me awhile to grasp things, but now I'm excited (yet still a bit scared) about bringing another baby into our lives.
We found out on February 23rd. AF was due to start that day, and I was sure she was on her way. Absolutely no symptoms of pregnancy were present, however, I wasn't looking for them so may not have noticed. Usually I'm greeted by AF first thing in the morning, so I thought it was odd when she hadn't arrived by lunch, but as things can get a bit off every now and then, didn't think too much of it.
Yorlee had been extremely clingy the past few days, and I had been a bit tired, but it's hard to sleep when your 20+lb toddler wants to sleep ON you. On the drive home from work and picking up Yorlee from daycare, I passed my exit ramp. It took me an extra 30 minutes to drive home. I NEVER pass my exit, I think it's embedded in my brain. Usually I'm on autopilot when driving home, so I thought that was weird too. Once we got, I went to check to see if AF arrived. Nada. Yorlee wanted milk so I went to get some for her and walked back to the bathroom to turn off the light, when I got the idea to pee in a cup and dip an old OPK. I searched and searched for the cup that came with my OPKs and finally found it and washed it out because it was dusty. By that time, I had to go so bad I almost forgot to use the cup! I dipped the OPK and before I could set it down on the counter it was positive. I remember saying, "Hmm, I didn't expect that." But I really didn't think that the OPK as HPT thing worked. I had an internet cheapie HPT, so I dipped that. Cue a faint line. Like, so faint you have to squint and go cross-eyed while wondering if you are making it up. But still, it was a line. That's when I decided to pull out the big guns. A Clearblue Digital. I had one left from when I was pregnant with Yorlee, but I couldn't find it. I knew I hadn't used it. After searching in the linen closet, and under the sink, I finally found it. My hands were shaking when I pulled off the wrapper and dipped it. The timer started to blink on the display and I started pacing. After what seemed like 20 minutes, I saw words on the screen out of the corner of my eye. I snatched the test off the counter and there it was, clear as day, "Pregnant". I think my legs gave out on me and I landed on the side of the tub. With trembling fingers I called my husband. No answer. I called him again, and when he answered I said, "You need to come home, I'm pregnant!" Classy huh? LOL! We both were trying to figure out exactly when it happened as we had been careful (so we thought), and I was freaking out because I thought my husband was going to be upset but he was actually really happy.
So there you have it, the story of how we found out that our family of three was about to become a family of four...
No comments:
Post a Comment