Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

An Ode to my post pregnancy body...

"Do your FEEDERS hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them o'er your shoulder
Like a Continental Soldier?
Do your FEEDERS hang low?"

That's my theme song right now.  Who needs a bra when you can just tie em' up and throw em' over your shoulder?

Honestly, it's not that bad.  But sometimes I feel so yucky.  Then guilt sets in because I feel as though I owe my body some appreciation for all it's done.  So, here goes:

Dear Post-Pregnancy Body,

I apologize that I haven't been giving you the TLC that I know you most desperately need and deserve.  You have been through so many changes over the past year.  You should receive an award.

Words cannot express the gratitude that I have towards you.  Not only did you carry my most precious possession, Yorlee Belle, but you also continue to provide her with nourishment.  Then, you ached, you stretched, , you gained, you craved, and you conquered.  Now, you hold, you rock, you clothe, you diaper, and you soothe.

Thank you for providing a home to my child for nine months.  And for providing her with food that matches her needs and growth.  Sure, you may be a few pounds heavier than you were before.  And you might have received some wear and tear along the way.  But you held a life that I've been dreaming of for all of MY life.

You were the wrapping to such an amazing gift.  And who complains about the gift wrap?

Going forward we will have a better relationship.  I will honor you, and take time out to allow you to relax.  I won't point out your flaws.  Instead, I will celebrate your accomplishments.

You are truly appreciated.  And you are beautiful.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

...all the same, the whole "hanging low" thing is an unpleasant development... !!! But you are right, it has worked a miracle, so it seems very shallow to complain. It's good to commiserate about the destroyed boobs, though.

Keri Elizabeth said...

OMG!! This is tooo cute!!! You are beautiful!! Don't ever doubt that! xoxo

Georgy said...

LOL at the theme song and I especially LUV the letter. Too cute!