Well.... Yorlee is still sleeping in the bed with me most nights. Sometimes, she sleeps in her swing, and occasionally will nap in her crib. Once she figures out that she's alone, the waterworks begin and she has a tantrum. We're going to keep working in it.
I tried the advice that some of you gave me. Lalla, I put her down when she started to show that she was tired. It was 7PM. She went out like a light, I was so excited!! Then she woke back up at 8:30PM, I nursed her and she fell asleep with me. She woke again at midnight, and stayed up til 4AM!!! I couldn't believe it. In between that time I rocked her, kissed her, sang to her, bounced her, nursed her, etc. I was trying everything I could think of to get her down. She finally went to sleep at 4:20(ish)PM. And I had to get up for the day at 5AM. Needless to say, I drank a ton of coffee that day. Keri, I had my husband put her down and it worked a few times. She doesn't stay sleep for long though.
She's been on more solids lately. I give her rice cereal everyday, she loves it! She tries to slurp it off the spoon, and grabs the spoon when I'm trying to clean her face with it. It cracks me up. My husband made her some homemade peas. She ate them up! I was surprised because neither of us like them. But she gobbled them down.
That's all I can think of for now. I'll post again soon!
2 comments:
You're doing good!!! It's a hard transition. Remi still sleeps in the bassinet right next to me and we're going to start (in the next week or two) putting him to bed in his crib. HE is ready....we're not =)
I think you are doing great!! There are no rules on saying your baby can't sleep with you OR that you HAVE to have baby sleep in their own bed......so just take things as they go, develop your own pace and things will eventually happen.
xoxo
OMG... She was up from midnight to 4 am? I'm soooooo sorry. I thought it was hard when Ariana stayed awake from 12-2 am.
Hang in there. We're still trying to figure it out. Each child is an individual and you and hubby have to do what works best for you and Yorlee. I figure eventually they all have to sleep through the night on their own... right? In the meantime, you have to maintain your own health and sanity.
Post a Comment