Thank you all for your comments! While the "Cry It Out" method isn't the best one for my family, we've decided that we do need an action plan.
Last night, after Yorlee was comfortably settled in her PJ's, I took her into the living room to nurse her. Now this is completely different from our normal routine. Usually, I put her in her PJ's, I change into my lounge clothes, and then I nurse her in my bed while I catch up on my DVR. I think that association of being in the bed to nurse, and sleeping in bed with Mommy needed to be severed.
I could tell she was confused about our new surroundings. I hadn't nursed her in the living room in ages. I'd always go to the bedroom. She was looking around trying to figure everything out. After she fell asleep nursing, I picked her up, burped her, and offered the other side. When she had her fill and was drifting off to sleep again, I put her in her crib. To keep her from waking up, I rubbed her belly and put my face on her face. She immediately quieted down and went back to sleep.
Sadly, it only lasted 45 minutes, but it was some improvement for us. When she woke back up, my husband rocked her back to sleep and placed her back in her crib. She cried for a few two minutes and went back to sleep. Then she woke again after 14 minutes. I went to her and rocked her again. She wasn't having it. Full out temper tantrum. Once she calmed down, I nursed her again. She was still upset, so my husband took over and I went to bed. He was able to get her to sleep and put her in her swing. She stayed sleep in there until about 2:30AM. I nursed her in bed and she slept with me until it was time for me to get my day started.
Baby steps. That's what we're doing. We plan to get her some sort of crib soother/projector this weekend. Hopefully she'll enjoy her crib more that way.
3 comments:
You're doing great Mama!!! Like you said, Baby steps - things will work out eventually. Don't stress 'cause it will stress her out. Keep up the good work!! You're doing great!
You're doing a great job!!! We're taking baby steps too! T is napping in his crib for the second time ever right now!!!
That's awesome!! Start small and things should get better. It starts off hard, but then becomes a piece of cake! :) Good luck my dear!!!
Post a Comment