Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The sun is shining!!

Things have gotten much better since I last posted.  Yorlee was going through a growth spurt (thank you all Blogger Mommies for bringing that to my attention!!), and I was going through the Mommy Blues.

Yorlee is sleeping much better now, she doesn't have to be nursed all the time, and she wakes up and gives me the biggest gummy grins!  I just love that!!

She still doesn't fancy the bottle.  And I'm pulling my hair out over that.  She goes to daycare in a little over a week, so I really need to get her comfortable with that.  My husband attempts to give her a bottle every night, sometimes she takes it, and sometimes she screams her head off.  She HATES pacifiers.  The moment one goes into her mouth she starts hollering.  I've tried different textures, brands, sizes, warming them, etc.  I'm not going to force her to take one, but during those times when she just wants to nurse all day for comfort, Momma could use a break!

I have an appointment to get birth control today!  Yay for birth control!  I've been freaking out about getting pregnant again.  I know I should consider myself fortunate because there are so many women who struggle to conceive, but the thought of having another baby anytime in the near future makes me feel like I'm going to have a panic attack.

All in all, I'm in love with my little girl and want her to stay an only child for awhile longer.

Pictures to come soon!

3 comments:

tara @ the every things said...

yay so glad :)

& have you tried your hubby giving the bottle when your gone or leave the room for an hour, i have read alot of studies that, that helps!

can't wait to see pictures!

Samantha said...

I am glad she's not fussing but totally jealous!

Let me know about the birth control! I got on the minipill and it's supposed to be good until he starts eating solids but I'm still nervous. Granted, we had to use fertility treatments to get pregnant but STILL I'm nervous!

Lalla said...

Sounds like it will be a little challenging but you and Yorlee will be just fine!

The first day in daycare, Ariana went on a hunger strike. She refused the bottle all day and when I picked her up she nursed for an hour. (And this was after I had had to supplement B/milk with formula from 1-week old.) By the end of the week, she had stopped fighting the bottle.

Yes, the transition broke my heart, but it's okay. Now Ariana transitions back and forth with ease. True, she still prefers to nurse, but she now holds the bottle herself!