Ladies.. I've created a monster.
Yorlee has gone from being my sweet, cuddly, innocent baby to being a monster baby! Well, maybe she's not acting out that badly. But still.
I'm tired. My "girls" are sore. I'm frustrated. And I need to figure out what's going on.
All she wants to do is nurse. ALL DAY LONG. Literally, from sun up to sun down. The only way I can get her to sleep is to lay her down next to me with her face to my breast and let her suck herself to sleep. Other than that, she's a screaming, crying, fussy, flailing baby. I don't get it!
My husband and I thought maybe she's hungry. So instead of freezing the milk that I pump everyday, I used some of it to make her a bottle. Well, Little Miss decided that she won't take a bottle. She screamed bloody murder to the point that I thought the neighbors were going to call the cops on us. It broke my heart to see my baby cry like that, so of course I broke down and nursed her again, even though she wasn't hungry and wasn't swallowing (even though I still had milk flowing), and was just using me as a pacifier.
I put her down, she screams. I pick her up, she screams. I play with her, she screams. I've tried the five S's. The side-laying helps only when I'm nursing her.
What should I do? I go back to work at the end of the month, so I really need to figure something out. She's going to have to go to daycare.
Ugh, any suggestions? I'm exhausted....
4 comments:
Welcome to my world although it's been my life for 7 weeks and not just recently. My only advice is to cry with her and pass her off to your husband when you can to keep your sanity... That's what I'm doing! Funny that you posted this because I'm about to post one similar!!! I'm anxious to read the advice you get and hopeful it will help me too!
How long has this been going on? Remi was like this for a few days around the 6-7 week mark. It was a growth spurt. They have a few in between weeks 6-8.
have you tired different bottles? Perhaps its the nipple that shes refusing..not the bottle?
And another suggestion- Gas drops! Remi screamed ALLLLL day today(since 3am) and we finally gave him gas drops and layed him on his tummy - hes now been sleeping for 3 hours and is super content!
Let me know how it goes. Email me privately if you need to talk or if you need more advice.
You haven't created a monster. It's the 6th week growth spurt. When Ariana hit hers she ate every hour on the hour for at least 2 weeks straight. And that's when she ended up sleeping with us in our bed. The only way we got any rest for her to lay on my husband's chest. Or sometimes she and I would fall asleep while she was nursing and I would awaken to find her helping herself again.
I didn't experience the screaming you're describing. But Samantha gave good advice. When you feel you're at your breaking point, give the baby to your husband or call someone to come on over so you can take a break, even it's just a power nap.
Hang in there. I know it's hard but it will get better.
Try the gas drops and the differenr nipples thing. Playtex are good ones. The ones with the liners. Even though she's having a growth spurt she shouldn't be crying so badly. If she's using you as a pacifer, have you tried one?
Post a Comment