Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Back to work tips

I can't believe I go back to work NEXT WEEK!!!?!?!?!!!!!!

Where did the time go?  It seems like just yesterday I was bringing my itty bitty baby home from the hospital, and here I am about to go back work.  Sighs....

Anyone have any tips for me?  I know I'm going to be a mess during the first week.  I'm looking for part time jobs in the meantime, because I really don't want to be without my baby 40+ hours a week.  I feel as though I'll miss too much.

We're still having a hard time getting her to take a bottle.  It's stressing this Mama out!  Seriously.

I have a real blog post coming soon, Yorlee just turned 2 months old.  But I'll leave you with some pics of my little diva for now.

Her pout face.  Makes me melt every time.  No wonder she's spoiled!

Smiling at Mama!  Gosh, I just adore her!!

Showing off her dimple.  She has them on both sides, love it!!

My darling princess!!

5 comments:

Keri Elizabeth said...

She's so darling!!!

Farmer's Wife said...

Aaaawww! She is so cute!!!

Lalla said...

Love the pout face!!!

Tips...
1. Have more than 1 day's supply of breast pumping supplies: bottles, valves, etc. That way if you don't get to wash them every day, you'll still be okay.
2. I LOVE the Medela steam bag for steriling breast pump items!!!!! Worth every penny
3. Pack up everything you'll need and lay out your and Yorlee's clothes the night before.
4. Sleep when she sleeps. This is even more important when you're working.
5. When you pump at work, relax as much as you can. I use to multi task and check my email and do other things but now I look at a picture of Ariana and listen to music and I get more milk.
6. On the days I do feel like cooking, I cook double portions and freeze half for the days I'm just too tired. -OR-
7. Cook all your meats for the week on Sunday and then you'll only have to prepare side dishes
8. Have plenty of healthy snacks: cheese sticks, fruit, nuts. Oh, it's pretty much like what you were supposed to eat when pregnant. But I find that I'm even hungrier now that I'm nursing than I was while pregnant.

Hmmm... I feel like I'm forgetting something. Oh well... that's my mommy brain for you. lol Besides, this comment is getting pretty long. If I think of something else, I'll post again.

Lalla said...

One more tip...

If possible, nurse Yorlee at daycare. Don't wait until you get home. This will help you and Yorlee to reconnect after your time apart.

NohaEl. said...

the sad face is so cute and touching :( she is adorable...