After I had my miscarriage, I was filled with so many thoughts about what I'd do differently "next time". It ranged from not being so stressed, to making sure my tea was decaf. I was a mad woman! I religiously took my prenatals, wrote down everything I was experiencing, tried to keep the news that I was expecting from anyone until I was in the "safe" zone, etc. But looking back, all I have is regrets. I'm sad that I wasn't able to enjoy my pregnancy while I was pregnant. That sucks. So I've decided that next time, I'll relax. I mean, I'm still going to take my vitamins but I'm not going to set my alarm clock for 5:15AM on Saturday and Sunday just so I can be sure I take them at the same time every day. I'm still going to make sure I'm drinking decaf tea, but I'm not going to FLIP OUT because my husband buys caffeinated beverages. I'm going to just enjoy being pregnant.
Life is short, we might as well enjoy it while it lasts. I think I'll be a happier person, and I know my husband will be happier. I've learned a valuable life lesson, appreciate what you have, because you sure will miss it when it's gone.
Hopefully we'll get pregnant again soon, it happened quickly last time, so I've set the bar pretty high for us.
2 comments:
You have the right idea. Trust your instincts, relax, and it will happen.
Thanks Carlene!
Post a Comment