Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

21 weeks w/ baby boy!

How far along:  21 weeks, over half way through this pregnancy.
Total weight gain/loss: Really unsure, I'll find out at my next doctors appointment.
Sleep:  Where is my energy?  I've been more tired lately than ever.  Maybe it's the heat?
Food cravings:  Cheese, Mexican food, Salt & Vinegar chips.
Best moment this week:  Watching Yorlee hug and kiss my belly.  Sometimes she's so sweet and other times she jumps on me with no regard to the bump.
Most embarrassing moment this week:  Running to the bathroom after baby boy gave me a swift kick to the bladder.  I was pulling down my pants mid run (once I was in the restroom) when I looked up and saw the janitor mopping the floor.  I didn't even care and rushed into a stall for instant relief.  Later, when he came to my desk to dust he said with a smile, "When you've got to go, you've got to go."  How true!  Who cares if he saw my unders....
Movement:  He is way more relaxed in the womb than his big sister was.  I still feel movement every day, multiple times a day.  Hopefully he is just as laid back when he is born.
Gender:  Still a little gentleman.

Labor signs:  Just the Braxton Hicks at times.  Lately I have been absolutely paranoid about preterm labor.  It weighs down my thoughts and there are periods of time when I can't think of anything else.  I'm praying for a full term baby boy.  There isn't a reason for my concern, I also had it with Yorlee.  Pregnancy brings out my anxiety.
Belly Button in or out:  Mostly out, you can see it through my shirt.

What I miss:  Having normal emotions.
What I am looking forward to:  Hitting viability at 24 weeks.  It's not so far away!!

Milestones:  I'm over halfway through this pregnancy.
Weekly Wisdom:  Asking for help isn't a sign of weakness, but a sign of intelligence.  I've been more open with my husband and close family and friends about what they can do that will make me more comfortable and it is certainly paying off.
Symptoms:  Extremely short temper, gas pains, appetite, emotional, irrational.
Emotions:  HA!  Ask my husband...  Poor guy!

1 comment:

Nellie @ Brooklyn Active Mama said...

Viability is a huge deal, I remember I used to count down the days!