Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Hand pump in a cup...

What do you do when you are at work, and leave your breast pump at home?

You manually express into a plastic cup!  (At least I did!)

I didn't notice that I forgot my breast pump until I started to feel uncomfortable.  After a few minutes went by, I was in agony.  I could barely put my arms down, and it was nearly impossible to type.  So, I grabbed a cup out of my supply drawer, and headed to the storage room to handle my business.

One of my coworkers (who knew that I had left my pump at home) knocked on the door and asked me what I was doing.  I was so startled that I flipped the cup I was expressing into and milk went flying everywhere.  So I was sitting in the storage room, with a soaked shirt, a plastic cup, and still feeling very full.  I couldn't help but laugh.

Thankfully my husband is my knight in shining armor and came to my job to bring me my pump....

2 comments:

Lalla said...

I commend you! One day I left the valve membranes to my pump at home. I tried to hand pump but couldn't figure it out so I left work during my break so I could go to Target and buy what I needed.

Georgy said...

That's why I left my pump at work; but then I'd forget bottles, valves, membranes and had to manually express a few times.